Torpedo Drill Bits

mceagle

Gold Member
Aircraft
Eagle Rotorcraft
Total Flight Time
600 hrs
Does anyone know where I can purchase (Trade or wholesale) Torpedo brand pilot point drill bits - made in the USA.
Address and phone number please.

Thanks a lot for that Chuck. They had more drill bits than I thought possible. I couldn't find the one that I am looking for though. Perhaps they do not make them anymore. The Torpedo brand may have been the brand of the Australian importer.
They actually look like a standard drill bit with a small pilot extension on the tip (only about 1.5mm long).
What is a parabolic drill? They look normal in the diagram.

I may have given you a bum steer, Tim.

Black & Decker refers to pilot point drills as bullet point; a trade name, I imagine.

Do a google search under bullet point drills and you’ll find lots of Black & Decker dealers.

I can’t imagine why MSC doesn’t stock them; they stock virtually everything even remotely associated with cutting tools and shop supplies. For example; do you need a metal alloy that melts in hot water? Originally compounded for bending brass waveguide but much better for cold bending steel tubing than packing with sand.

A freind drilled some holes ,the other night , with bits he claims to have had for years. They were from the tool company, SNAP-ON. Thay were just as you described, Tim. I was very Impressed as he easily drilled 7 3/8" holes ina row through 1/4" steel angle for me.

I am making a custom trailer hitch for my 88 Sub GL wagon. These angles will bolt under my tow hooks.

I can't afford Snap-on , so I use the better Craftsman bits. I must say , it was easy to hit your centerpunch & these bits worked very well. I think the box said something about "bullet"