took a long time coming, finely moving to Florida

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
the problem is that you are on the wrong coast. :wacko:nice over here.
you got that Right Turbo, it's a nice 86 here today with a 10 m.p.h. breeze.

Drop in and say hi sometime, we are the last hanger at the end of the runway across from Tony's hanger.

had a sweet parsons gyro here this weekend.

Loving river acres,

Attachments

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Was thinking of flying by today but was running low on fuel in the Helicycle. What a perfect day. Great spot there.
Well we will be around most of the time now. so if your in the area we would love to see ya drop in for a visit. :)

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Tim- Glad to see you and Cindy settled in Florida. Should be some exciting times.

Stan

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Tim- Glad to see you and Cindy settled in Florida. Should be some exciting times.

Stan
Stan, it's great, been worth the wait. it is so nice here. nice cool 79 right now, was 86 earlier. we are at River Acres, it is a cool airport community on the kissimmee River. it is so peaceful here. all kinds of wild life. gators in the river and sand hill cranes in the yard. just have to watch out for rattle snakes.

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
So many helicopters in Florida... Love it.

So many helicopters in Florida... Love it.

just saw this sweet Bell 407 fly over, it is owned by South Florida water management. it was off at a distance and I used the zoom on my camera. can't believe sometimes how good a pics this canon sx-160is camera takes.

Attachments

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Larry & me did some flying around the airport last night (heavy clouds & drizzle) . I heard what I thought was a Huey coming in. It was an Apache (I think) Badass heli ( 2 blade ).

He did some hover taxiing & then took off.....I wished I had my camera in hand !

Well, I guess it wasn't an Apache ....I swear it had 2 blades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooT3w-sbyE

IT WAS A SUPER COBRA !

Last edited:

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Tim
Glad you and Cindi are finally getting there. Looking forward to seeing where you go from here. Post lots of pictures. Rub it in!!
Ok here are a few pics, just love it here, all kinds of wild life to watch and all types of aircraft.

a few gyros, a war bird, even the sweet Bell-47 that dropped in to bensen days is based here.

And more air boats then I have ever seen. yeah I love airboats also. only rode on one so far a few years ago but it was a blast.

so far the only down side is the crappy dish network internet we had to get. yep won't be posting any videos from here for awhile. maybe can try from the local BK or someplace in town.

we are 18 miles from town and I love it.

Attachments

TJMay

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE and Air Command Elite
Total Flight Time
Tim,

Glad you guys finally made it to Florida!

Maybe I missed this but whose Air Command tandem is that?

Tommy

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Life in Florida

Life in Florida

Well I don't post much, been pretty busy with the new house and life in Florida.
when I started this thread we had moved to Okeechobee and was renting a place at river acres. that just did not work out.

It was to far from everything and mainly to far from the V.A. for my lady Cindi.
we looked for several years for a place in Florida as cindi had always wanted to move here.

Anyway we found our dream home on 2.5 acres just out side of Deland.
for those that don't know where Deland is, it's west of Daytona beach. yep short drive and we are at the beach.

we moved to a little town called Deleon springs.
we have the best neighbor you could ask for. the old fellow is a vet and loves helicopters.

the house we bought was a fixer upper and the property had not been maintained in ten years. it was so over grown that some people on the street didn't even know there was a house back here..lol

Anyway, been busy making this place nice. have cleared a lot of trees, tore down and old car port that was falling down. it was on a concretet pad 12x 20, so it is now painted like a landing pad. no one has landed on it yet and most likely no one ever will. but it looks better painted like a landing pad then and old dirty concrete slab..lol.

now that said, if ya have a helicopter and you are in the area and want to drop in to visit, feel free, always a glass of ice tea waiting for aerial visitors.

As I said in my hovercraft post, I still have 2 helicopter projects that are in va. a 2 place Helicom airframe and some extra parts and and what may be the only remaining Hillman Hornet.
the Hornet is a major rebuild project that i really don't have the funds for.
but I hate the thought of another part of helicopter history being lost for ever.
so I am not sure what will become of it. debating if I should try and make it fly again or just restore as a static display. right now leaning towards static display. since my interests have changed more to Hovercrafts lately.

anyway here are a few pics of our life in Florida, been here almost 2 years and love it. we are about 6 miles from the Deland airport, so we never know what we will see fly over. we are 3 miles from the state park where we lunch the hovercraft and peddle boat. life just does not get much better.
still with my Cindi that a few have met at bensen days and life is good.

Attachments