Titanium Explorer - #5 in USA

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
... takes to the air @ Anahuac this morning!

Toevs Titanium serial # 0020-0516 N234TE ,,, I call "Peeka" ...- as in the yellow pokemon character Picachu - (seems like the Pokemon card craze of our kids youth is now a phone app game ... & revived!) ..... took to the skies of Anahuac this morning ...starting the much awaited fly-off! My first ever flight of the 912 version ...& WHOOO-HOOO ... WOW! ...so mellow NO power-yaw tendancy ... super stable ... I set up a trimmed cruise & just sat with feet on floor & open hand around cyclic .... it held alt,airspeed & heading perfectly for minutes!
I didn't want to "fall in love " with this machine - as it's for sale plus I don't like yellow! ... but how can one NOT .. when it's such a sweet flier!

My first TE flight since the week before Jim died! I'm BAAAACK!!!!! :D:D:D :whoo:
The pic is from last Tuesday @ our hanger in Newton ... the local FSDO reps Rick & Curtis ..came up to do the A/W ... & then obligingly ... moved my phase 1 to T00 Anahuac ... so I could have the support of my club mates & enjoy the flyin! :yo:

Attachments

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
ICT FSDO - Airworthy guys

ICT FSDO - Airworthy guys

pic of Curtis & Rick with N234TE

Attachments

chipchap42

Aircraft
Magni M16
Total Flight Time
... takes to the air @ Anahuac this morning!

Toevs Titanium serial # 0020-0516 N234TE ,,, I call "Peeka" ...- as in the yellow pokemon character Picachu - (seems like the Pokemon card craze of our kids youth is now a phone app game ... & revived!) ..... took to the skies of Anahuac this morning ...starting the much awaited fly-off! My first ever flight of the 912 version ...& WHOOO-HOOO ... WOW! ...so mellow NO power-yaw tendancy ... super stable ... I set up a trimmed cruise & just sat with feet on floor & open hand around cyclic .... it held alt,airspeed & heading perfectly for minutes!
I didn't want to "fall in love " with this machine - as it's for sale plus I don't like yellow! ... but how can one NOT .. when it's such a sweet flier!

My first TE flight since the week before Jim died! I'm BAAAACK!!!!! :D:D:D :whoo:
The pic is from last Tuesday @ our hanger in Newton ... the local FSDO reps Rick & Curtis ..came up to do the A/W ... & then obligingly ... moved my phase 1 to T00 Anahuac ... so I could have the support of my club mates & enjoy the flyin! :yo:
Chris,

that's GREAT to hear - congrats and welcome back to the sky!

What do you mean you don't like yellow...? :lol:

Cheers,
Paul.

AirCommandPilot

Just a fledgeling
Aircraft
Air Command Elite #003
Total Flight Time
Nice! Now put the keyboard down and burn off that 40hrs! LOL
I'll see you this Thursday.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Wheee ...windy day

Wheee ...windy day

...love the wind ..= butter soft landings! Good test in calm conditions yesterday . today 15 kt g-20kt... dodging some scud & showers this am ... nicely clearing this eve!

lots of maneuvers & landings this am ... relaxing XC to Winnie & Smith point this eve -- lovely sunset flight! :D

Attachments

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
IFly track....

IFly track....

Pic of IFly screen.

Attachments

Dmorris

Aircraft
I currently own an IFR Carbon Cub FX3. This is my 3rd Carbon Cub. Owned a Xenon, 2 TAF 2000's.
Total Flight Time
Thousands and adding every week!
You ROCK Chris.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
16 down .....

16 down .....

24 to go!

Had a lovely XC to Livingstone alongside Danny & Mike in their AR1 - this morning!

Desmon flew over from Hooks in his 914 TE - fresh out of phase1 ...and we got my Flight review done ... ...seriously ...already 2 years since my pilot test! :noidea: ..where DOES the time go!????

Sitting around the firepit ...swapping true tales &tall! ;)

Attachments

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Congratulations, Chris. Glad to see you back in the air and burning off those hours.

gyrodeputy

Total Flight Time
200 and growing
Chris,
Check for a private message on Facebook when you get time.

Glad your flying again!!!

JAL

Aircraft
MT03sport/C172
Total Flight Time
Great to see you are flying as it will always taker you closer to Jim.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Good news to hear Chris. Congratulation on getting back to where we love to be.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Team TAGNA flight ...

Team TAGNA flight ...

nice air-to air shots thanks to Desmon & Crissy.
Another great day of fun & cameraderie @ Anahuac ... one more day ...or you miss out until next year!!!:( :boink:

Attachments

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Two New TE 's on display &

Two New TE 's on display &

one in training & demo stage!

Attachments

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Coming in to land ...

Coming in to land ...

pretty sunset flight!

Attachments

shootthrees

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Tango 2
Total Flight Time
170 Ultralight FW, 116 Gyro, 15 GA
Congrats Chris

Congrats Chris

pretty sunset flight!
Great pics, thanks again for sharing your experience!! Eventually, I will get to meet you in person at one of these events.

The water and scenery in the background are very familiar!! I owned a Quicksilver UL in 2002 and hangered in Winnie, TX before I sold it in preparation for my deployment to Iraq and a Weedhopper UL after I got back in 2003 I kept in my garage in High Island, Texas and used the beach as a runway and used to fly all over that area.

Cant wait to fly my gyro down there someday!!