Time for a teardown and rebuild

Always something more, I am getting my super Mac ready to go and with the reed valve box the prerotater takes a 5" wheel to engage the drum on the prerotater. So now I have to cut the shrouds because with the 5" wheel the shrouds will not fit. Not a big deal, I will cut them to fit, just takes more time. I am hoping for a solid clean KB2. If I can get a Mac to be dependable I will be there.

I got the motor on today it is getting closer

Attachments

• 148962652554569744099.jpg
    148962652554569744099.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 2
I am looking forward to see what it will look like with the tail on

Attachments

• 1489626632183-517430399.jpg
    1489626632183-517430399.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 2
Wow, Dave, love the shiny stuff!

What kind of shape is the El Mirage "Dry" Lake in this spring? Our news carried the story last night of a wildflower "superbloom" from all the rain.

Thanks, Ya it is shiny, just wondering how long it will stay that way. I tried putting some Mothers wax on it and all it did was dull it, Pledge furniture polish works great. Time will tell.

The lake is looking good just dried up, should be open this week, looks like new concrete. Oh ya it is green all around, should be in bloom in time for the fly in.

Yo Bro!!!

Why not just clear coat it?
It's works with brass on boats why not AL?

I'm going to try it on my polished bits! Yaw Mon!

Dave, your gyro is looking FABULOUS! Going to be like a shining star when you're done...

I was thinking about clear coat, but the company that does the clear coat told me that it would still be shiny but it would lose some of the mirror effect, so it looks like it will just be wax, wax and more wax.

Thanks Terry, the question is if I will ever get this done, I knew there were some parts that needed some work, but I am finding more and more. The latest problem is with the expansion chambers, I was cleaning them up getting ready to put them on and found a crack more than half way around the bottom half of the pipe, it is about 6" long. So now it is off to the welder tomorrow. Not a big deal just a bummer that the jetcoating will be ruined around the weld. It is mostly on the bottom so I hope it will not be to visible.

Dang Dave, you're gonna have to start handin out sunglasses at fly-ins :)

Looks good Buddy

I got it all finished up and doing the break in on the motor and noticed oil leaking between the reed cage box and the block, BUMMER. So I did not get to fly it but I can fix it. In the mean time I have another motor to slap in. It sure looks good though.

cloudhopper;n1123217 said:
When is the next activity at El Mirage?

The Big event at El Mirage is coming up September 21 through September 24 Vernon.

It’s the annual Ken Brock Freedom Fly In.

It is a chance to visit with friends, look at machines and meet new friends.

Many people had their first flight at El Mirage and there is a lot of history there.

If you are fortunate you might meet Marion Springer at the KBFFI.

I hope to see you there.

Chapter One has their monthly meeting today at 10am, and we have the Ken Brock Freedom Fly-In in September! You can go here - www.kbffi.com - to get more info!

Thanks terry that is what I was going to say, see you there in a bit