Those were the days my friend,,,

DavePA11

Nice to see interest in flying from younger crowd! Did his mom know he was flying in that crazy gyro?

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
Nice to see interest in flying from younger crowd! Did his mom know he was flying in that crazy gyro?
I don't know if his mother knew it but his father did. It was him who brought him to the airfield.
Once I said to father his child would become a pilot something I could very easily see it.

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Giorgos: How were you able to easily see that he was a future pilot?
Was he excited to go up flying even b/4 he climbed into his seat?
Was he asking questions throughout his flights about how the controls work?
Did you allow him some or all of the gyro's controls in flight?
Was he eager to go up again each time?
Did he display no fear from start to end?

Last edited:

DavePA11

I have flown well over 100 kids in my Cubs as part of young eagles program, and I have a few that went off and got their pilots license. The range of interest various greatly with the kids. Spoiled brat kids are the worst playing with their smart phones while flying. Those are short flights. It’s great when the kids show interest. I’ll usually let those who do show interest fly the plane if they want too. Usually the older kids that play flight sims on their computers are very good at managing the controls for the first time.. I had a few kids who grew up and got their license with a couple who said they got the bug for flying after flying with me in my old yellow Cub. I didn’t recognize them, but apparently they remembered my Cub and me.

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
This is the take off of above video clip.
I liked the McCutchen's rotor blades for performance and very easy hand starting them with a light wind. Never used a prerotator on this gyro.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmWgiS-9QpA

Last edited:

Eric S

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex & AAI (Sparrowhawk) RAF
That's an interesting rear seat control stick configuration. I've never seen anything like it before.

What engine is that?

Eric

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
That's an interesting rear seat control stick configuration. I've never seen anything like it before.

What engine is that?

Eric
Engine is Rotax 582. Rear seat stick was built for the instructor sitting in the rear seat.

Last edited: