The Ugandan Gyrocopter front wheel weight ?

Agwotu

Hello Gyro brothers,

Its Samuel FROM UGANDA !,

This dominator single Sit, is powered by subaru ej 20 engine, static thrust , is 160kgs, with all up weight ready to fly is 330kgs .....

Seems ready for ground runs, but i remember reading from this forum a bout the front wheel weight with pilot on his sit,

Its supposed to be 28lbs-35lbs max , is it ? but quick weight check , gave me 40kgs, 80lbs,

I did move the AXLE , forward little , but the front wheel now hangs ! ouh .. but the front wheel with pilot is now 18kgs --36lbs.

That wheel handing !! is it ok ?

Sam

Uganda

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Looks good, any pics of the front landing gear?

these are the pics of the wheel hanging , after axle movement forward a little

Attachments

• IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 41
Seems reasonable to me. I look for 35- 60 pounds or 18 to 27 kilos or there abouts.

Dad found that the more weight(within reason) on the nose wheel the shorter the takeoff. Once the nose wheel comes up you can go to full throttle.

Hello Gyro brothers,

Its Samuel FROM UGANDA !,

This dominator single Sit, is powered by subaru ej 20 engine, static thrust , is 160kgs, with all up weight ready to fly is 330kgs .....

Seems ready for ground runs, but i remember reading from this forum a bout the front wheel weight with pilot on his sit,

Its supposed to be 28lbs-35lbs max , is it ? but quick weight check , gave me 40kgs, 80lbs,

I did move the AXLE , forward little , but the front wheel now hangs ! ouh .. but the front wheel with pilot is now 18kgs --36lbs.

That wheel handing !! is it ok ?

Sam

Uganda
Hi Sam. Hillary is my name. I live in kla. Can I have your contact?

I think you are in the right range. 36 is a bit light, 80 a bit heavy but I think either would work. What do you think Mike?

Two places he build had 130 on the nose as I recall. I will have to ask about the single.