The traveling CFI

Great Tower friendly airports

Great Tower friendly airports

I had a very nice compliment the other day. I was flying new people out of a busy Towered airport. After spending several days doing so the Tower manager made a special trip down to the place I was hangering to personally invite me back to his busy airport any time I wanted. He said we had changed his mind forever about gyroplanes.

I had been on the road again and I am glad to help change a few people's minds on how they think about our aircraft. I also had the owner of Chick fil a land his jet behind me. He saw me land when he got out he drove right to me to ask how long it would take to learn to fly a gyro.

Gyro flying is always so much fun.

Last edited:
Desmond you are a class act my friend.

I really believe that you have made the single biggest difference/gain in instruction availability and what a asset to our sport!!! We needed a traveling CFI!!!

Thank you for all you do and travel for us, we do notice and appreciate you!!!!

I had a very nice compliment the other day. I was flying new people out of a busy Towered airport. After spending several days doing so the Tower manager made a special trip down to the place I was hangering to personally invite me back to his busy airport any time I wanted. He said we had changed his mind forever about gyroplanes.

I had been on the road again and I am glad to help change a few people's minds on how they think about our aircraft. I also had the owner of Chick fil a land his jet behind me. He saw me land when he got out he drove right to me to ask how long it would take to learn to fly a gyro.

Gyro flying is always so much fun.

It's all about that pattern altitude, eh? LOL. Thanks again, enjoyed Pensacola immensely last week. We were flying Blue Angel Blvd, but they missed us, luckily! E space to the ground, with a floor of 700 either side...tight pattern, at 500' Des. Thanks fer keepin me honest. When ya get that 150HP engine let me know, I'll like to take a turn at the MTO stick again fer sher.

I have been many places this month. I have flown 38 people. In 3 states for over 85 flight hrs. I have more booked before July 1.

A special thanks to so many nice people and those who have hosted. My son Curtis and I.

Victor, my son Curtis and I looking over and resetting some mods For floats. This is a re design. We are just providing a little extra help. It is the owners own special mod change.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 0
New pilot. New MTO Gyro.

New pilot. New MTO Gyro.

I just unloaded a new MTO for a new pilot in San Antonio. Sometimes new pilots are nice you do not have to break bad habbits. Will be helping him till Saturday then back to Tomball/ Houston for 10 Days. Then Osh Kosh / Mentone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 0
I have been training Brent near Castroville. Mark sold his gyro to maybe buy another turbo MTO.

I am getting ready to do a trip to Iowa, Osh Kosh, then Northern Indiana before Mentone.

I have time if you are interested in these places or after Mentone on the way back to Texas. Just let me know.

Desmon,

I'll take an hour each time you come up to the Fort Worth area if you can give me a couple days notice. Just shoot me a pm.

I have been in Iowa helping Gary Kelderman. I got a nice shot of our gyros on his grass strip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice pair for sure !

Calidus N912KG - s/n C00259

13 registered in the USA at the mo

Steve

While in Mentone I had a prop delaminate on the trailing edge. We bonded it with super glue but it only lasted a few hours. I also had a stainless exhaust crack at the elbow.

After close examination I decided to re-anti seize each exhaust joint at 50 hrs time. I found what looked like some areas that might have caused binding in the rounded joint.

I have been wanting to put a new IVO inflight adjust prop on. I think it will show up tomorrow.

Then I am planning to go to Utah this weekend and then Michigan for a week.

Where are you going in Michigan Desmon?

Where are you going in Michigan Desmon?

I am looking at refining a date on that. I might push that back a week and end up in Oklahoma and Kansas instead. Then the Gator fest flyin by Houston then Michigan.