The other conference

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Is anyone ever going to find out first hand what is going on with Norm's forum? He used to let us know what was happening but now it just vanished without a trace. Can anyone get some info?

T

Teriane

Re:The other conference

Who the heck is this Norm? And why can't we get the archives of the other site as people said if he did it for the community then why should he be paid for copies? for us new people it is really needed for learning about safety. Why is this guy holding back if we are willing to pay for it! Sound like it is all about control or laziness to me

Chuck Irby

Platinum Member
Aircraft
618 Dominator Single
Total Flight Time
60 solo

I was never a fan of Norm's forum. However, that was no fault of Norm's. Let's be careful that we don't judge him. After all, we know not what he may be going through. He did provide a real service for a long time, and may come back to that again.

Unless someone knows how to get in touch with Norm, and find out first hand what is really going on, let's give it some time.

Chuck Irby

Platinum Member
Aircraft
618 Dominator Single
Total Flight Time
60 solo

Teriane, Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum.

It is a policy of the forum that you give us more information about yourself. So please go back to your profile page and, at least, list your real name, your gender, where you reside, your email address and your age.

Thank you very much.

Rotornut

Platinum Member

I have known Norm for 11yrs now. I do not call him up to chat, I do email him if I need an answer to something he can answer. He is a Life Member in Sunstate Rotor Club, along with Ali Torress, Bill Clem, Steve Krouse. Norm posted some of his problems on his forum before it went down, due to that I feel it is not appropriate for me to call him up or email him asking him what is going on.

I will wait and see how things go. If he shows up at BD Days good, if not maybe I will catch him at SNF.

To me then would be a time to ask the questions. Till then I will keep Norm in my Prayers and hope all gets better for him and his family. MJ

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing

Welcome Teriane!

Where are you in your piloting plans?