The new Magni M26 will be unveiled on April 1, 2020 (teaser video)

Thanks for posting. Do you think it will cruise around 100mph? Looks like a closed tandem single canopy design rather than dual doors in the M24 side by side. Maybe they will announce it at Sun n Fun starting March 31st....

1582592588093.png

Last edited:
If you go to Sun n Fun please take a test flight and provide a pirep! Thanks! I’ve flown in one M24, but don’t think the prop was pitched correctly.

If you go to Sun n Fun please take a test flight and provide a pirep! Thanks! I’ve flown in one M24, but don’t think the prop was pitched correctly.
I can't go to SnF, sorry.
It takes 10-15 minutes re-pitch DUC prop, I will work on optimizing the pitch to my liking after passing checkride.

Thanks for posting. Do you think it will cruise around 100mph? Looks like a closed tandem single canopy design rather than dual doors in the M24 side by side. Maybe they will announce it at Sun n Fun starting March 31st....

Yes, I was hoping for side doors for ease of escape and they seem to generally have more head room for helmets. Hopefully Magni's conservatism will allow room for helmets. Unfortunately I'm 6'4" which might be a bridge too far.

Were's the M26?

I know the official announcement was to happen last year at Aero 2020 but of course it was canceled due to covid. It seems this year's has been canceled as well so no word yet. I'm guessing they may not be ready for an influx of new sales just yet so that may be an issue of delaying the anticipated announcement. I recall being told that a circumstance of Italian tax law is a limiting factor in Magni hiring anymore staff as it would change their size designation and consequently the tax cost which would have to be passed on. Magni produces about 100 machines a year and seems to be happy at this level.

Not only was Aero 2020 cancelled – all italian factories were closed for several months last year, starting right about the time of the planned announcement. I imagine they are still riding out a lot of business uncertainty even now.

Italy never was the easiest place to grow a business to begin with, as evidenced by what Illini85 just wrote, above.
"To cover all fiscal obligations in Austria, a company owner has to work 170 days per year, in France 132, and in Switzerland 63. In Italy, however, 269!"
– Luciano Landoni, italian journalist

Not only was Aero 2020 cancelled – all italian factories were closed for several months last year, starting right about the time of the planned announcement. I imagine they are still riding out a lot of business uncertainty even now.

Italy never was the easiest place to grow a business to begin with, as evidenced by what Illini85 just wrote, above.
"To cover all fiscal obligations in Austria, a company owner has to work 170 days per year, in France 132, and in Switzerland 63. In Italy, however, 269!"
– Luciano Landoni, italian journalist
In a webinar last month, Luca Magni stated he expects the M26 to start being available by EOY 2021. Dual controls are optional, no removable canopy (yet). It is not being designed to be a trainer. Will only come with the Rotax 915. He also said when asked that a removable canopy will be researched in 2022.

Top ten countries for Ease of Doing Business (World Bank stats):
New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Denmark, S. Korea,
United States, Georgia, United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden

Some others:
Australia (14)
UAE (16)
Germany (22)
Canada (23)
Russia (28)
Japan (29)
Spain (30)
France (32)