The 'MISSFIT' gets a new engine

Holey crap, there’s someone out there! Hey Chris! No haven’t flown her yet, still need to do several tasks, and then do the hang test.
Ran it another ten minutes or so yesterday, and I’m not satisfied with the carb syncing. I fabricated two vacuum nipples for the intake manifolds,
and plan to attach vacuum guages for precise adjustments. I’m disappointed in the Rotax carb linkages, as slight pressure on the throttle arms against the idle stops
changes the idle dramatically.

I can feel the excitement building. Thank for sharing the fun Michael!

Hope you bring it to Bensen days .. I just booked my campsite ... look fwds to looking it over - up close! ......(POSITIVE COMMENT!)

.Yes this forum is sadly ...a ghost of it's former busy character ( on "life-support") ..... where a few years ago I checked in a couple of times a day to keep up with the latest .... nowadays once every couple of days usually catches me up on the few new posts that interest me!:frown:.....) ...OBSERVATION of a true FACT! ...

:sorry: my chosen words were construed as a negative ...anyone who knows me ... knows I am one of the most positive people around!:rolleyes:

Good to see a fresh build project and your progress pictures!
thanks for the effort!:yo:
( POSITIVE COMMENT)

:biggrin::tongue::peace:

Last edited:
Michael, I just want to reply to Chris's statement about the forum. Chris I joined the forum in 2005, since then a lot has gone on, many members have passed, many have left flying because of old age, a lot built gyro's and never flew them, some got bored with the forum because they never had, or would ever get, or ever build a gyro, some just wanted to post in the off topic section about politics, some were interested about gyro's, but never went any further. A lot of questions were asked and answered over the years, the forum still has 5716 members and still going strong. So no need to be negative about the forum, it's definitely not on " life-support "

Michael,

Great to see progress! I'm glad you have the intensity and focus needed to start and complete such an undertaking. The throttle arms are extremely weak! I wish you the best.

Jerry

Earthboundmisft;n1120005 said:
Finally found some time to work on the engine install. I'm replacing the 582 with a 912ULS. Had to move the engine mount tube, and then it snowballed from there!

WOW that is supper cool!!! Cannot have enough power even if you almost never have to use it.

So do we now call you MissFit Rocketman?

I look forward to hearing about the difference you experience.

If I see and can find the post.

Last edited:
j bird;n1129341 said:
Michael, I just want to reply to Chris's statement about the forum. Chris I joined the forum in 2005, since then a lot has gone on, many members have passed, many have left flying because of old age, a lot built gyro's and never flew them, some got bored with the forum because they never had, or would ever get, or ever build a gyro, some just wanted to post in the off topic section about politics, some were interested about gyro's, but never went any further. A lot of questions were asked and answered over the years, the forum still has 5716 members and still going strong. So no need to be negative about the forum, it's definitely not on " life-support "

Hi J
The problem I have is there is rarely any new posts listed when I click "post since last visit" Guest I keep expecting it to be fixed by now.
I have to do an advance search by day to discover if anyone really posted anything.
When I respond to a post I have to do another advanced search and reread them all to find where I left off.

I was just too busy, remodeling my house, PRA business and posting for them on facebook for the past few months to be able to spend that much time...

So I stopped even coming here as it too painfully slow to find new posts. I suspect most have the same reason and complain and that's why we are dying. It
s just too hard to find new posts and I still miss 1/2 of them it seems.

I believe, now that PRA is in the black, I could get the votes from the Board for PRA to pay to have the "post since last visit" fixed for him or as I'm running the same V-bulletin board maybe give me administrator access for a day and try and fix it myself.
The offer is open to try both.

PS:
Dang now I have to do another advance search as I posted and cannot just hit the back button. This is such a time killer when you are so busy and have no time to even watch TV.

Last edited:
No problems here at all

We had this discussion in Sept 2017 - here's my reply from back then,

I view this Forum on the page that shows all the various Directorys and sub-folders.

I just use CONTROL + F ( ie press them together to trigger a "find" box ) - in the find box I enter "today" and hit search down - simple - it only stops at those directories or sub folders that have been update "today" - sometime I use "find" for "yesterday" if I've not been on for a day or so

Easy.

Very exciting to see this project nearing completion. Can't wait to see it in person.

Hey Joe! Thanks man, this has been one LONG Engine swap. I have so many different projects I’m working on at the same time.
its kind of nice to take your time though. I have an air conditioned build room, so I enjoy each step.

Hi Mike, always was a fan of ‘more horses’. Roy’s little bird with the 912 going up at a 45 degree climb was really something to watch at B’days.

As for MissFit she was the prettiest little thing out, seem to remember you getting a best of when you first had her at Bensen Days when Stu and I were struggling along with our Hornet. Loved the artwork you had on her too.

Did your brother not build an orange gyro called Punkin? Pumpkin?

Stu left the Sheriffs Office and became an A&P now with Delta. Looks back and reckons we barely knew what we were doing when we built ours but it flew nicely. Might just be borrowing space in his garage in River View for something with rotors if plans work out.

Hope the test flight went well.