The making of Behemot

She looks great Gabor!

She looks great Gabor!

It is a treat to behold what you imagination and hard work have fashioned.

You are an inspiration to me.

I look forward to your flight testing.

Thank you, Vance

lookin good Gaby.
I looked through your thread and had a hard time finding one fact that eludes me.
How are you gonna keep the rotor from cutting your tail off?
The rotor head seems to need about two feet of elevation.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Love the detail and looks of your machine.

Jake

I believe you have it figured out.
Salad is better than tail-----well let me rephrase that!!!
I know all about illusions-- everyone thinks my stuff looks good and thats definitely an illusion :)

Wow, she really look'n GOOD buddy!!
That is what I'm talk'n about... really nice job!!!!!

I'm looking at your drawing Gabi….and the rotorhead doesn't appear to be angled back its full travel….kinda hard to tell.

Does the blade angle shown in the drawing have the 9° teeter stop and the full aft head travel added together?

The drawing is also wrong in that the pilot is WAY skinnier than big ole Gabbor!

Lookin good gaby, I hope that 670 works out cause if it don't I'm gonna :puke: :yo:

Gabor- Your getting closer and closer. On bleeding your brakes, put the hose on the small nippple and put the end in a jar of brake fluid. Fill your resevoir and pump the brakes forcing air out the hose and into the jar of oil. This gets the air out after you pump the brakes a few times. When the air is out, hold the brake pedal down and tighten the drain nipple. Voila, you have brakes. Stan

Gabor, Was the brake originally set up for one master cylinder and two wheel cylinders? The reason I ask is that if you changed the system to have two master cylinders and two wheel cylinders (differential braking) that would change the hyd. advantage ratio between the master cylinder and the wheel cylinders. John K.

Hey Expert, I have a car that needs the brakes bled, can you give me a hand? :)
Very frustrating, I feel your pain. Fill the swimming pool with dextron III and dunk the gyro in, and pump the brakes, then tighten up all the fittings, that will fix you right up. :D

Gab
At least the color of the break fluid (Red) went with your color scheme,
It could have been green or blue and been a real catastrophe…OMG!..:eek:…LOL..:lol:

But on a serious note..
Maybe a stand off between the break lines in the front to keep them from folding back in the wind? I don’t know, just a suggestion.

Don't let any brake juice sit on the paint for too long. It is a good paint remover.

Gabor- I must be turning Amish. I love working with my hands and appreciate watching others actually build their own rotorcraft. Nothing tops getting down and marking, measuring, cutting, fitting, and finishing each part. You are one of the leading examples here on this forum for showing ingenuity, perserverance, and a lot of handskills of several trades building your gyro. Your work is very impressive to me. I loved building my gyros and my Helicycle, but you sir are at another level. You are creating a one of a kind very unique and exquisitely designed gyro. Just because you have had to redo a few things and get frustrated from time to time just adds value to your already amazing product. I want a giant picture of your creation on my hanger wall someday Gabor. You are what working with your hands is all about. Watching you create the Behemoth reinforces in me why I love to create stairways with my hands. My Amish friends would love you and your handwork. Stan

No instructions? That is just wrong.
But Gabor, as with everything you do... You are doing an expert job, way to go!!!

Very nice indeed!

Yes please don't dunk it buddy, just because you can.

All the best gyro pilots don't too....