The making of Behemot

but dude - we need to talk about the grip on your cyclic! Can you put a paper bag over that if you drag her down to bds? Might get arrested on the road, ya know
. ...............................

Attachments

• rotfl.gif
    rotfl.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
Hey, I like that handle shape. No one can say anything nasty about it now…..well, except for the fact that it looks to have been overused….

It's now a 'Censored'(Circumcised)Behemoth.

Certainly a unique machine Gabor. Really looking forward to that first flight.

Hate to add any two cents that aren't super awesome and positive, but I would personally ditch that front gear arrangement and try to use the front end off a dominator..... would be plenty strong and far lighter and I am willing to bet the dominator gear would be softer and smoother riding. Elsewise it is coming along nicely

It isn't a "box of shame." It is a box of PROGRESS! Such a "collection" adds to your knowledge of things that don't work and save time in the long run. Besides, it's "green" to recycle!

I think that first part belongs to the plaque on the Statue of Liberty, but I'm pretty certain that last bit is sung to the "Looney Tunes" cartoon theme. :boink:

All I know is that when Stan passes through Georgia on his way to Bensen Days, I'm hiding everything aluminum, including the BBQ grill!

Atlanta is just a hop and a jump from the thriving metropolis that is Taylorsville! ("hop and a jump" is Georgia code for: "Have a full tank of gas.")

Tell you what, let's just agree that I hid all the aluminum. That'll save you the trouble driving out of your way, and save me all the work of hiding it and then trying to remember where I hid it. :D

HI Gabor

On lathes that size, do the make 4 jaw chucks for them, that will be the first thing you will want next.

Tony

Gabor, it's a handy little machine, but stock out of the box, you will need to re-align the tailstock up with the chuck, as well as tighten up all the slides. Not simply that they are pointing towards each other, they have to be parallel as well. Check it out at http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_lathe/Tuning/tuning.htm and http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_lathe/Start/start.htm

The first thing that will irritate the crap out of you, is the spanner you need to insert to tighten or loosen up the tailstock. In the picture, the tailstock is slid all the way back, easy to reach the nut. When you have it slid forward for work, the crossslides get in the way. Buy a camlock conversion for your tailstock at
http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=2018&category=

Snoop around at http://www.7xlathes.com/7x-tooling.htm

Last edited:
Dang that was stupid! He is lucky that didn't rip his arm or foot right off leaving him crippled for life to remind him of his stupidity. Never under estimate to power of gear reduction and torque multiplication.

choppergabor : O No the bucket of shame is back gabor. it is lots of fun, I spit out 6 Rod ends for the flight controls today.

Man….it had to have been tough getting that drill centered. Didn't a drill chuck that inserts into the tail stock come with your lath? I'm amazed you have managed this long without a lath....
Your acquisitions have almost used up all available bench space….have you told the Queen that the shop must expand into the house?
Just curious….118lb of bone and muscle + 78lb of watery fat = 196lb. Gosh Gabi, you have really lost some weight! ;)

You are right Ed that is the hard way to drill.....But Gabor is used to having to adapt, improvise, and overcome. :D

Chopper,

You crack me up. Hot night in Florida Eh! LOL!

I remember back when you first started making the tail. Great looking unit by the way.

Man you are doing an great job, I enjoy your humour and passion.

Cheers

Mitch.

After seeing the picks with the new nose wheel installed, first thought is "How does it hang?" Or is it too early?

So..when you sit on the machine like that, do you make "whoop-whoop" rotor noises or "brrrrroom" engine noises? Enquiring minds wanna know. And yes, the specs and treads make the outfit...no doubt.

Hi Gabor,been awhile since I cought up on your Build, it is looking great! love the nose gear, trust me the more you learn about your lathe, the more you will wonder how you got along with out it. I love my 3 in 1 combo machine.

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang at Bensen Days, yep me and my lady are driving down and camping out.