The making of Behemot

Redbaron

Banned
Aircraft
bee
I beat myself now for not following this thread, you helped me so much with my bee gab I feel like I just used you lol :) can't wait to see it flying, let me know if you need anything! :yo:

RotoPlane

Gold Supporter
You really buffed that red paint into a glass-like shine! I like that black leading edge stripe too! That is definitely some great looking tail-feathers.

That heel brake and yaw pedal combination is neat…..you come up with some great ideas Gabi…..
Glad to see that you are back at it….

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Looking good Gabor, it is taking shape. I have the same kind of heel rest on the Beast, I noticed last week,the bottom part had a crack in it. but there again mine are mounted on a hard vibrating Harley.

should be fine on the Gyro.

This is really going to be a cool looking Gyro when done.

edee61

Aircraft
Dominator- Gyro
Total Flight Time
200 hr
Gabor, looking great. As they say all good things come to those who wait and you deserve this. :first:

kolibri282

Hi Gabor,

so you are hiding in the builders corner, secretly adding to your project, eh?....;-)

Nice idea to have a balance rudder cum H-stab. The upper outrigger looks a bit temporary to me (or do I get something wrong here?), what will it look like at the end?

Have fun!

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
That is pretty impressive looking work there Gabor. Nice to see some pics again.

Just a thought about a comment my instructor had made, he test flies a lot as he also signs off for Permits to fly. He has said that having somewhere to rest the heels he finds far more comfortable than just setups where one is simply resting on rudder pedals by themselves.

Are those heel rests or heel brakes you have there? If heel brakes, is there not a small chance of inadvertently mashing them when landing?
Obviously not being able to see the geometry it may be a complete non issue and I have it all wrong.

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Hey chopper ! That is pretty cool !

I have 3 sets of the Kuryakyn ISO pegs on my harley. I used to use the heel stirrups on 2 of the sets .

I can say one thing though.............................they weigh about 10 lbs a set !

I know the stirrups weren't designed to pivot so I am wondering how you made them move for the brakes.

Pretty cool all in all !

Last edited:

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
looks Good Gabor,I to was wondering about the weight. I think they will work out nicely for you. but I do wonder if the 582 will be enough power for this monster. I don't know much about the 582, so I don't know, I guess it will depend on the over all weight.

also I like your landing gears,but it looks like each half is bolted on with a single bolt and can pivot. what keeps them from folding up or will it have shock struts like a Dom?
just trying to follow the design of how they will work when done. this is going to be one wild looking Gyro when done and I am enjoying watching the Build.

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Ok, thats what I was wondering about. I look forward to seeing how the gear works out. I think it will make a nice conversion that could be applied to some other Gyro designs.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Very creative Buddy!

I vote to make them adjustable .... Thank you for thinking of me?

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Gabor- A job well planned is already half done. Its amazing how your project is coming together. Excellence is its own reward! Stan

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Looking Good Gabor, do you do curls with the weight of a Rotax engine.. :)

yeah,that would have done some damage to a foot for sure if it had hit it. glad it missed.

at the rate you are going you will have that Puppy in the air in no time.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Hmmm...Beefcake.

The gyro looks good though.:)

RotoPlane

Gold Supporter
That will be one beefy and sharp looking gyro when it is finished Gabi….shoot, it is now! I can't wait till you break ground with her….er him…or it, or whatever a Behemoth is…..

You're looking buff in that picture. My six-pack….okay, a 4½ pack, has melted into a one-pack, sigh. I now avoid mirrors or remain fully clothed around them….

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon,Snobird+, Ryan PT 22,Eagle 150B, Titan T51, Thatcher CX4, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
I guess we know who's going to be Mr. January on the new "The Men of the PRA" 2011 calendar!

Order yours today before they're gone!

lanichol

Aircraft
RAF 2000 AAI Modified, Var Pitch IVO, hydraulic pre-rotator, mechanical FI
Total Flight Time
18 hrs gryo & training
I guess we know who's going to be Mr. January on the new "The Men of the PRA" 2011 calendar!

Order yours today before they're gone!
Coffee everywhere, about died. Yup! lol

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
I just go to bed very late. Night Owl as opposed to the Early Bird.

Twenty odd years of getting up at 5:00am has allowed me to appreciate sleeping in from time to time and not falling asleep on the couch around 9:00pm.

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Hey Gabor, go eat a cheeseburger, you are withering away to nothing! :D