the look of the upcoming 2 seat mosquito

probably north of 80 K. you interested? ill take a small deposit.:rapture:
No, not really... San Diego and San Fransisco are not helicopter friendly.
I look at aircraft as tools each has a different use for me.

When they will not let you land at your house, office, friends homes, and 80% of the land around here there is not much point in flying from airport to airport in an aircraft that cost more to buy and fly than my little piper 180 that flies faster and for less money while carrying four 225lb folks and full fuel for 6 hours from airport to airport just fine.

However one of my daughters have moved to Indiana and I am looking for a home/land by them I can trade for land so maybe in my future if I can find a use for this great tool.

I wanted to know to consider how many of them may sell the lower the price the more units they should sell, 80K is a good price for a new two-place they should do well.

Last edited:
Here's the mockup fuselage they had at the fly-in this past weekend.

swift_zps587075c4.jpg

That is one of the most visually appealing helicopters I have ever seen outside of the Commanche.
Don't know if it will fly as well as it looks, but based on its looks it will attract a whole lot lof attention.

Wow,

If it really does have an IO-360 Lycoming that will be a great choice. Plenty of torque and proven helicopter service. As long as the cost is less than a good used 269 this will be a winner.

It is a very nice heli but can be improved by reducing the width of the pillars.
Same issue on the Helicycle.

I agree. It really should all be transparent through that area. That is my biggest complaint with the Helicycle.

Rumors says that a new aftermarket window for the Helicycle will be presented in autum this year.

I have a larger window for the helicycle, If there is enough interest I can have some copies made.

Colin , 1-20

Also, if you read the brochure on the Swift it says the engine is "Lycoming based" Not sure what that means. Does that imply that it is being built to accept the Lycoming IO-360 or that they are designing their own engine that is based on the IO-360? I believe a new IO-360 is roughly $45k AND $17k for a core if you do not have one making the total cost $62k. A rebuilt is roughly $15k less, but you are still around $50k if you have no core. That would be 1/2 the cost of the machine.

Also, if you read the brochure on the Swift it says the engine is "Lycoming based" Not sure what that means. Does that imply that it is being built to accept the Lycoming IO-360 or that they are designing their own engine that is based on the IO-360? I believe a new IO-360 is roughly $45k AND $17k for a core if you do not have one making the total cost $62k. A rebuilt is roughly $15k less, but you are still around $50k if you have no core. That would be 1/2 the cost of the machine.

Most likely they are planning on using an XP-360 from Superior Air Parts. This is a MUCH better engine than your typical O-360 that would go on a certified aircraft. Also because it can only go on an experimental it's much cheaper too - around 30k for the whole ball of wax to include a modern ignition system.

Lycoming copies?

Lycoming copies?

There are a few Lycoming copies like Superior XP 360.

The last time I asked it was priced in the low $20,000 range.

Perhaps this is what they are talking about.

It has been a while so my information may not be current.

If someone wants a genuine Lycoming; Van’s RV sells experimental Lycoming IO-360 engines for $28,700. This is a special price for kit builders but I suspect any kit manufacturing selling lots of engines could negotiate similar pricing.

Thank you, Vance

Ah, yes I forgot about the XP versions. Thank you for bringing that up. While there are many "haters" of the Lycoming and Continental engines there is still yet an engine to be produced (other than turbines) that has the reliability and power output of these simple large bore/low RPM engines. I have flown behind these engines for over 2000 hours without ever experiencing even a partial power failure.

I'm looking for a 2-seater to build. Haven't really found one I like on the market. The Safari seems to be a mechanically sound design. But even tough the Bell 47-design is way cool, I would like to have a more modern looking helicopter :). I haven't made up my mind about the Safari 500 yet though.

The Swift looks really nice. And the 1-seater Mosquito has a mechanically sound design so I'm counting on that the 2-seater will also have a sound design.