The Legacy of Martin Hollmann

Unfortunately, the address is not found, Juergen.

Build a gyro is a very strange site. Most of the posts are articles about dead people or dead designs. AND Air Command pilots NEVER got the girls. :lol:

WaspAir;n757974 said:
I only met the man once, at a conference in New York, knowing then nothing of his background or reputation. He was trying to sell the audience some theory he had cooked up that relied on achieving a vortex ring state in gyroplanes, and it seemed pretty bizarre to me. Ray Prouty was sitting near me, and when I asked him for his reaction, he was equally baffled by the whole thing.

My wife and I interacted with Martin over the years that my wife was the editor or the Rotorcraft magazine and when we produced the Experimental Helo magazine. Martin's articles always required extensive editing to remove the commercial advertising from them. Martin thanked my wife for one editing job she did on one of his articles. He said he liked her version better than his. At the conference in NY mentioned, I was responsible for insuring that Martin's presentation time didn't run too long. I recall almost having to physically haul Martin off the stage. I still have a copy of an Aircraft Engr handbook that list a huge amount of material specs, drill data etc. etc. We enjoyed running into him at several of the airshows mostly on the west coast.