The Law Enforcement Golden Turbo Gyroplane

cardioflow

Aircraft
RAF 2000 Mod and the Red Tiger Shark Bensen Special
Total Flight Time
250 and climbing
That is AWESOME

PW_Plack

Mitch, gotta ask...why does the video capture the whole spin-up process, then not stay on the machine to show the actual takeoff distance? That would seem like a major selling point.

Greg Mitchell

Aircraft
Butterfly Monarch 582
Total Flight Time
200 hrs
G'Day Paul,

I agree. When I first watched it with my wife, I made the same comment. I knew straight up we would be asked the question.

Having said that, I am sure a video will be available soon showing a full Golden Turbo MLS pre-rotator spin up and take-off. As to why it was not demonstrated in this video I cant comment.

What I do know is, Larry is very pleased with the MLS for the Golden Turbo and all the while he has been developing the Golden to this point as a training aircraft for XXL size pilots and to have heavy haul capability aircraft, with the short take-off and drop-in as integral.

Paul I believe there are many more Golden Turbo, Law Enforcement videos to come, in which the Metro Launch System will be fully demonstrated.

Watch this space.

Cheers,

Mitch

Chuck Roberg

Gyro's are more fun
Aircraft
SnoBird Tandem Gyro, Robinson R-22, Assorted Fixed Wing
Total Flight Time
That same gyro can be seen at Mentone. Unfortunately Larry could not make Mentone so no demo flights.

Greg Mitchell

Aircraft
Butterfly Monarch 582
Total Flight Time
200 hrs
I shot Larry off an email about the latest video. Recieved this back from Larry, regarding the Golden Turbo Metro Launch System Take-Off Video.

"Hello Mitch,

That's an easy answer. I did most of the video by myself. I placed one
camera at the spin up. Another camera was placed down the runway. A third
camera was placed on my helmet. Later in the day I found a man to film a
takeoff and landing from mid field for the fly by shots.

She leaves the ground in 5 seconds....pretty amazing...

Cheers,

Larry"

Larry says she leaves the ground in 5 seconds, more video to come.

Checkout the EAA interview with Larry.

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=431867#post431867

Mitch

Last edited:

Glenn_K

I'm Batman
Aircraft
Butterfly "Super" Monarch, Butterfly Aurora, AutoGyro Calidus Piper Warrior, C150, C172
Total Flight Time
250+
Award winner.

Award winner.

This Golden is owned by Farmer Jim Toevs. It won the award for most innovative at the convention awards banquet last night. The hydralic lift for the folding mast and the MLS prerotator were cited as a couple of the reasons for the award. I made fast friends with Jim, being a new Butterfly owner myself. He's great and has some great plans in the works for this machine. Once the hours get flown off he'll begin training and it should be flying for next year's convention.

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
Hi Glenn,

Glad to hear you bought a Butterfly...which one? I should be flying my Aurora by the end of the year. :)

-John

Glenn_K

I'm Batman
Aircraft
Butterfly "Super" Monarch, Butterfly Aurora, AutoGyro Calidus Piper Warrior, C150, C172
Total Flight Time
250+
Me too!

Me too!

That's good news, John. I should be flying my new Monarch by the end of the year also. It would be kewl if we could all be at the convention next year and be part of the manufacturer showcase.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
AHHH ... the dreams of "mice & men" .......

AHHH ... the dreams of "mice & men" .......

That's good news, John. I should be flying my new Monarch by the end of the year also. It would be kewl if we could all be at the convention next year and be part of the manufacturer showcase.

TWO & a half YEARS ... onwards ...... STILL trying to get the "monster gyro" going - as "demo'ed" ..... just repeatably & reliably without needing a new engine after each flight!!! :rolleyes:

of the three last posters here ... only Glenn has had the fun of getting to fly his gyro frequently!

John sold his newly-finished Aurora to upgrade to an MTO - for 2 seats!

Maybe ... just maybe Tiggy-B can find a test [email protected] BD's & see air under the tires again! When properly proven ... then Jim can - AT LAST - get his gyro training finished & biannual check-ride to add-on gyro to his PPL! :whip: