The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the New Owner of an Older 2000GTX

Ah, the broken wing thing, not good, what did you jam your arm in ?

Years ago I broke all my fingers when I stuck my paw out of a vehicle while it was turning over so I had to learn fly the C172 a bit diferent.

The intence, confined compression in a small gap between a 2" solid yard rail n a naughty, angry bad tempered f%$#$#@ bulls head isnt a smart place to put y paw ay. ;)

In the same yard a few years ago i had 3 fingers splatered between another naughty bulls head n a gate post. Made for a tender flight home.

Sorry, bac t topic.

The intence, confined compression in a small gap between a 2" solid yard rail n a naughty, angry bad tempered f%$#$#@ bulls head isnt a smart place to put y paw ay. ;)

In the same yard a few years ago i had 3 fingers splatered between another naughty bulls head n a gate post. Made for a tender flight home.

Sorry, bac t topic.

Birdy back in April this year I broke my hand and ring finger on my right. I was trying to doctor one of my horses with a needle when he went straight up. I had hold of his halter. I was still attached when he wheeled, me off the ground with my feet straight out. When it broke I let go quick. Never did finish doctoring that horse. I still have a problem with my prerotator. I use two hands until I can keep it tight then the left goes back to the throttle. Sorry to hear of your pain.

No pain Thom, you gota hava brain to register that stuff i think. ;)

this broke wrist has put a real dent in my schedule.

Might stop you going blind though Birdy. :lol: :lol:

Aussie Pau;l. :)

Jim, your book length posts are a nice read but..............by the time I get to the end I forgot what a couple questions were that I wanted to help you with. :D

Could I suggest you put one or two questions in a short post and then wait for the answers to pour back, OK?!

I e-mailed you some info on a few questions you asked me, so I'll answer a couple here that you asked:

- The windscreen could collapse at airspeeds over 70 mph unless a fiberglass reinforcement strip was installed. That's the first I'd heard about that!

The re-inforcement strip was added to the single piece windscreen that traveled from the front all the way back to the rear of the cabin, behind the pilots head. The VNE of 70 mph was recommended until the strip was installed. This does not apply to the RAF 2000 that you have.

- What did the factory do to get a RAF with a horizontal stabilizer to crash? Did they mount it in front of the aircraft?

What crash are you referring to? Nothing wrong with a proper stab installation IMO...bad piloting, if anything happened. Nope, no canards that we know of.;)

Cheers :)

The airspeed limit was because of the windshield bowing in was only on the old style cabins that were more like Bell 47 bubbles. No fiberglass support coming down along the leading edge of the doors.

Tony

Might stop you going blind though Birdy.
Dont worry PB, ican just get by with just one hand.;)