The good 'ol days

Gyro-nut

Gyro Blacksheep
Aircraft
Aviomania Genesis Duo
Remeber the good 'ol days when this forum was about flying gyro's and helping others learn about gyro's?

Wow, those days were nice... I learned a lot and really got hooked on the sport. I'd like to thank all of those who helped with my questions and gave good advice.

It's unfortunate that this forum (look through some of the threads) has turned into a lot of :argue: ,:rant: and making personal attacks towards others. (be it the RAF crowd or not) Feel free to attack me if you like, I won't be looking at this thread after this post, 'cause nothing good will be posted after it I doubt.

Lately, I've been reading the first post of a thread, and looking at maybe the first or second response... after that, either the topic has changed or the bashing begins; and to be honest, my time is worth more.

Don't get me wrong, there's TONS of valuable information on this site, and I'm sure I'll continue to learn more and more in the future; just upset about the comments as of late. I don't see how any newcomer to the sport will find this forum of use unless they do a search about a particular topic.

If I was just now beginning to fly and learn about gyros, I'd read about 2 or 3 threads and start looking elsewhere.
Our 'family' is falling apart. :noidea:

Cant we just all get along?? :peace:

:focus: :focus: :focus: :focus: :focus: :focus:

Amen Jim!!!

Amen Jim!!!

I was just about to start a thread similar to this when yours appeared. I've been interested in gyros for years, but every time I've decided to finally get one, I've come here and just been completly turned off by the constant infighting in the gyro community.

Once again, I'm just about disgusted enough to forget about building a gyro :rant:

Rusty (may just take my single rotor engine elsewhere)

Well Rusty

If you do take it somewhere else please keep me informed as to it's progress!!!!!!!!!

Tony

Jim, I agree with you, but Rusty.... Come on dude..... Let's be honest here. You don't buy a gyroplane to hang out on a stupid forum, you buy one to go flying. I bet you any amount you want to bet that when your at your airport flying your gyro, this forum and any of the fighting going on here is the last thing on your mind.

Screw this forum, you don't need it to enjoy gyros.... It is the fact that people are here wasting their time flying their fingers over the keyboard instead of out flying their gyros that there is so much anger here, it is like a crack head that hasn't gotten a rock to smoke for a few days.

I think that is the problem, people spend too much time on the computer and not enough time flying.
I'll never let a faceless poster on the internet influence anything I do or do not do in my life, I have other things I choose to spend my time on.
Lighten up! geeze and get a life, I fyou want to fly, fly. If you want acceptance by your peers over the internet, go to "myspace" or something and get your dose of feel good from a bunch of pimply faced teenagers!

Oh yeah and have a merry Christmas.

First off, unless you're bored, skip the "off topic" section !

I wish there were more build posts.

Ahh... guys this is simple....we are now in the winter months most of us cant go flying as much as we like. we sitting home pouting wishing we could go flying and our boredom leads us to the computer where we are like a bunch of silly women waiting for our favorite soap opera to come on. that right these forums have gotten so bad lately that we should call it "As the rotors DONT turn"....Lol ahh, shoot a commercial, "As the Rotors Don’t Turn" is brought to you by Pennzoil the leading manufacture of pre-mix oil that provides you with the safety and reliability that one would expect in a great oil......now back to....ATRDT.

Last edited:
I just can not understand some people . . .:noidea:
Flying gyros is great, just been around them is amazing . . .and then there are the´people involved, even more fun!
The Forum comes to add in communication and information, great thing!
It is like talking about sex . . .after dozens of subjects, the single mention of the word sex makes some people jump.
I think you guys have a problem and need to see a psicologist . . .
Calling the Forum stupid is a stupidity in itself . . .it is just a medium and have lots of filters, been your intelligence (or lack thereof) the last one, you can skip or ignore subjects and posters.
I feel like "bitch slapping you" but I am more of the hugging kind so . . .
Here is a BIG HUG to yall . . .dont feel so bad, it will get better and you are very welcome . . . :D
Heron (with better diggesting capabilities)

There's no way that I'd give up gyros because someone on this forum ticked me off.
I may not come back to the forum, or just lurk instead, but I'd keep on flying.

If you feelings get hurt because of something posted here, wait until you start landing at airports and the fixed-wingers start telling you about how 'it takes an idiot to get in one of them things'.

Maybe one day, one single word you say here can change someone's point of view and make that persons better.
Now . . .if you lurk, nothing will be learned from you.
You dont have to post, but it helps a lot, when you do.
We laugh, teach, learn, botter, amuse, sometimes hate but above all love our fellow Forum Members.
thanks
Heron

Say What????

Say What????

It is the fact that people are here wasting their time flying their fingers over the keyboard instead of out flying their gyros that there is so much anger here, it is like a crack head that hasn't gotten a rock to smoke for a few days.

SAYS THE MAN WITH OVER 9,000 POSTS

Ha - couldn't resist, Ron.

If I could have thrown this computer in the trash 9000 posts ago, I would have alot more time to do alot more things. This forum has eaten a considerable chunk of my life over the last few years. It is a sickness, thinking I may stay till 10,000 posts and then blow up my computer and never come back, leave a legacy as they say! ;)

I'm very pleased to have people with expertise share information with/for me. As far as bruised feelings go, remember, they are 100's of miles away. If something isn't important enough to shoot someone in the pinkie toe it pretty much doesn't matter.

The good ol days were about twenty -twenty five years ago before the computers took over.
When we all met at the local airport,someones local airport, and fly the day away and set around the fire at night and rehash the days happenings.Who had a probrem? Not me i was'nt scared when I did the pedal turn at 100'and fell from the air! I allway's turn white when I land. We shared more at that time than at any other point.I learned from all the "older" guys,Chuck Beatty,Van Hotten,Leon Spense, if you gould get him to talk much,Slim Rosenburger, Flloyd Brown,Quite little Bud Swanson with his "bud lite" Ernie Boyette,Bill Tarpley the "junk yard dog". There were more ,just too many to list. There was more info there for the asking than any one could absorb in in a week end,and they would get up and help you if you needed it.
The fish frys we had under the oaks at the LaBelle airport,the Wauchula airport. Just setting here in front of this screen and remembering all the good times that we had brings a rush of memories,all good even with the sometimes bad experances. My life has been enriched so much with this gyro group. I hope that each and every one of you can set back after this long a time and remember the good times as I can. Sunstate and the PRA has been a large part of my life. And I know some of you have been at it longer than me but are your memories as good?
Take care and god bless each and every one of you.
Bud

Hey Bud!
Guess what?
My Good Ole Times are happening right now! :D
Don't spoil it . . .all of you, let the good time roll.
Just a little problem, some of us are in more need of hugs than you guys had it at the earlier days . . .tough guys, uh?
We cry more, have more doubts, need more attention (right Ron?) have infinit more options than you did.
It is more real and fast, more truth, less hollywood faces around, It is good to talk to all of you . . .
The guys that went WWII are something to see and experience, the anger on The Vietnam Vets, and the arrogance on the Gulf War guys . . .it is all there!
And I sherish the tales you guys tell us, so we can fix in our minds the times when we were young and did not care . . .now we do, thanks to you!
Love you all
Heron
(a little fight is funny)