The Global Village

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Using the actual statistics, if we could reduce the world population to a small village with 100 people, the distribution would be:
57 Asiatic
21 Europeans
14 Americans (North, Central and South)
8 Africans
52 will be women
48 men
70 not white
30 white
89 heterosexuals
11 homosexuals
6 people would have 59% of the world’s wealth
80 living in inhabitable houses
50 suffering of mal nutrition
1 would have a computer
1 a college degree (yes only one)
Now consider this:
If you woke up today feeling more healthy than ill, you are much better than 1 million people that will not see next week come!
If you never felt the danger of a battle, the solitude of a prison, the agony of torture, the pain of hunger, then you are better of than 500 million people/
If you have food in your fridge, clothes in the closet, a roof over your head, a place to sleep, consider yourself richer than 75% of the world.
If you got money in the bank, in your wallet, or even some change somewhere, you are in the top 9% of the world in quality of life.

The mal nutrition in the world kills the equivalent of the deaths of three 9/11.... EACH DAY!

Massive destruction weapons!

Massive destruction weapons!

With the money of one annual USA defense budget, mal nutrition and health problems could be eliminated from the earth FOR EVER! :eek: :(

And the money that India, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran and other third world countries are spending developing Nuclear capability would go a long way to improving the conditions in those countries also.

Not to mention other Governments making the weapons manafacturers in not only the US but every other power rich so that they can fight their little civil wars. Poverty is brought on by the powers to be in most countries - not because the US chooses to spend what it can afford to protect their country.

Thanks God and at all that money, 9/11 didn't occur!...And above all, i am deadly sure that there is no atomic bomb in a container inside the New York Harbor!...or in a cargo airplane or somewhere else...And what a pleasure to threat the whole planet with all that weaponery, thanks God again...Thanks Bush, i feel so much secure now!...

Last edited:
you know what i meant!

you know what i meant!

It is ironic, of course! :mad:

While Clinton was in control, terror escalated while embassey after embassey was bombed... then the USS Cole... and nothing was really done to combat it... so it kept growing... terror reached a peak shortly after Bush was elected when the towers were hit. Now, from my point of view, I have to wonder what would have been next if Bush didn't start in on Afghanistan and Iraq? (something Clinton didn't do because he liked playing with cigars better) A cruise ship sunk? The Johnson Space center bombed? The New York subway? My home here near Houston? Thankfully, I didn't have to find out, because we had a President willing to take the fight to them, and keep it away from me. Yes, thanx Mr. Bush, I do feel safer because of your decisions, no matter how many people try to blame you for being brave enough to take the heat and make the hard calls. And thanx to the troops who implement your decisions and in doing so die for my safety and freedom. Terror didn't start because of Bush, but it has been focused on and attacked where it lives, and rightly so. I apologize for the "politcal" post and I won't do it again. Quad, no hard feelin's buddy, just a difference of opinion, and there's no harm in that, because we live in America where we can speak our minds freely. (grin)

Gosh Heron and Quad, whwere are you getting those stats from?

NOt again!

NOt again!

:(
Lets look at this in a way other than the actual politics, please?
We are all guilty and wrong!
But there are some interesting points in the stats if we like to be on top of things.
On my private turf: There are 6 millions of women more than man in Brazil and if we discard 5 million as not to par or out or age, it will be 1 million beautifull, healthy and willing women! I will go back!!! :D
By the way, the waste on traffic jams across the US was metered at 65 billions of dollars per year, that my friends we can help to fix.
And that money alone will make Brazil to be like Switzerland in social reforms.
Forget the bombs, forget security . . .we are in the hands of God, lets have faith!
I am living large in spite of some friends here think otherwise.
Man . . .everything I post turns to debate, I wonder why? :D
Easy guys . . .
Heron

those stats leave out a very important count.

They forgot to count how many are happy with their lot ??? The do gooders are complaining about how the West thrusts Democracy on oppressed countries - and now you want to thrust wealth upon them .... goodness me - maybe we should just put free automatic teller machines on every street corner.

And lets not forget the cost to the Global Village to defend ourselves from terrorism. How many Billions of dollars is that costing the world right now. Not to mention the dollars lost to poorer countries economies who aren't making the tourist dollars as they did, or the death and destruction and heartbreak brought on the innocent!

And last but not least. The money wasted in traffic jams is the property of all that work in the US. If you could save that money wouldn't handing it back to the taxpayers be the honest thing to do?

Last edited:
quadrirotor said:
With the money of one annual USA defense budget, mal nutrition and health problems could be eliminated from the earth FOR EVER! :eek: :(
I'm trying to understand how that would work. Who is going to sell all this food? How is it forever? It seems to me that if people can't feed themselves now, and we feed them, than there are even more people who know even less about feeding themselves. That doesn't sound like forever to me.

I am not sure why certain people think that creating something means taking it from someone else. These starving people that are so sick have the same or more natural resorces that we have in the United States of America. I know that starving would motivate me to do a better job of feeding myself. I don't know why starving doesn't motivate them. We try to educate them on how to not get AIDS and they think that they are much smarter than us and keep practicing risky behavior. Money wont fix that.

If I had a bad life and my neighbor had a good life I would try to learn how to have a better life from him. I don't think that I would have much long term benifit from taking stuff from him without his permision. If I was able to steel from him and he couldn't stop me I suspect he would reduce his output. I know that is what I would do.

Andre, I beleive that what you are advocating is enabling bad, non productive behavior. I feel bad when the my goverment uses my money to enable people to stay on the bottom. I believe removing the motivation to produce removes one of the joys of being alive. Thank you, Vance

Defence

Defence

I have been accussed from time to time of sitting on de fence. But it is from the fence you get to see both sides. So I tend to lean one way or the other from time to time depending on what I see.

Al Qiada is a declared enemy. Not by our choice, but by theirs. Here is the list of enemies Al Qiada has declared:

Enemy Number
1: Russia
2. United States
3. United Nations
4. World Aid Organizations (Red Cross, Food for Oil Programs, etc.)
5. Agencies dedicated to health, education and welfare
6. Any Arab not aligned with policies outlined by Al Qiada

There are more but I forgot what they all are. They seem to be against life itself. All things change; they can resist but they can not stop it. Their cause is doomed regardless of the discussion.

Thomas,

John Kerry must have a fantastic view of things. (grin)

Anyway, I agree with you, but I don't think it stops with Al Qiada. Nor do I think it includes all Muslims, but obviously an awful lot of them. Everywhere in the news, Muslims involved in violence, in nation after nation, riot here, kidnappings there, murder over yonder. It's seems like every week another country lights up with Muslim violence. India, Iraq, Russia, Philipines, Thailand, Africa, Turkey, Pakistan, Bosnia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kashmir, Indonesia, Egypt, Sudan, Nigeria, and Afghanistan, just to start the list.

It is just my opinion, but I think this has been coming for decades. Bush will draw fire for being President when the poop hit the rotary air mover, but no one can tell me he started all these conflicts, all over the planet, by going into Iraq. If he did... we'll better to light this keg now before it got any bigger... it sure wasn't going away on it's own.

js

Good!
Posts with opinions and positions . . .
Remember one thing: we want the same thing, by different ways, a better America!
The conflict in the MIddle East has deep and old roots, that is the places we should go look for answers, it will take many statesmen to fix it.
Now terrorism is a cancer and it needs a very talented surgeon to erradicate it without doing more damage to the patient. Mr. Bush ain't one!
Removing Sadam was known to be similar of breaking the lock, the pandora's box is open and many small time leaders want to have a saying on the process, bad stuff.
To undertake this huge task, is an act of courage but needs to be based in knowledge and resources, a longer plan to remediate all the sides and issues.
Are we up to it?
Al Qaida is only one group to consider, there are many more in the making as the mess goes on. One day the pupoo will really hit the rotary air mover.
Please vote thinking how important your vote is, in the life of many countries and people. Vote for me, I can't vote!
When I live the US I will no longer discuss this subjects, it will make no sense (it does not make much now already) but today I am trying the best I can to create debate, dialogue and more thinking for the most important election ever in this country.
God Bless you all and guide your will.
Heron

Goo Goo gaa ga. Be By Bo Bum, I must be dumb. Hey I got a idea.... Let's discuss gyroplanes! Oh wait, there may not be any gyro flyers in this discussion.... That explains it! Maybe we should open a Yahoo chat room for all the politics going on here?

heh hold it up there .... i'm a flyer ..

It's just that I love fishin too ..... so always lookin for a good bite :))

you'll have to talk to Todd about that, i'm sure he'll be quite amiable ...

Ronnie Boy always sharpening his scissors! :)
I went to Imokalee yesterday and you were missed, I took rides with Jake Jacobs and his new ship is flying sharp. There!
Goo goo dada is not going to cut it, if you do not have insight or does not want to share just watch.
Hey Rotor, fishing rocks and I miss a good strike, last time July 4th 1997, long time uh?

rocks!!! .... too dangerous for me ....

but I do like a good bite, nothing like it :)

now on a saner note, where do you do your rock fishing ?? and what type of fish do you get over there ??

ok . . .little misunderstanding
Fishing Rocks!!! like in is very much way too good . . . :)
But I also fish the rocks and the catch is good, the bait is right there.
From a boat you can get near the rocks nice anchovies, they fight hard and are good to eat, most rock species are good to eat.
Groupers, snapers, pargos, parrot fish, xareu, cobias, and many others.
When the light is up , you can still dive and catch some lobsters, collect mussels and get that white wine out of the cooler, summon the ladies and get to it . . . what a life!
You know, Brazil has 4.000 miles of beaches and many islands and rocky coast to fish from.
Down here in Florida the catch is always good, my son caught a snook for fathers day and he became a splendid cook, what a treat! :D
thanks
Heron