The Bunny on patrol

asmuzsr

Aircraft
RAF2000 with stab
Total Flight Time
This is where i'll post pictures of my flights. Who knows I may even learn to do video's.
Oh and note the new avitar, she's finished so she needs a finished picture.

Decided to move what I have, so far, over here.

Attachments

• Flying Pics 001.jpg
    Flying Pics 001.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Flying Pics 003.jpg
    Flying Pics 003.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Flying Pics 004.jpg
    Flying Pics 004.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Flying Pics 005.jpg
    Flying Pics 005.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1
Here are more.

Attachments

• Flying Pics 008.jpg
    Flying Pics 008.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Pics 009.jpg
    Flying Pics 009.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Pics 012.jpg
    Flying Pics 012.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Pics 010.jpg
    Flying Pics 010.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 0
Yea it does feel good to fly again, and in a gyro too. Only thing holding me back is gas money, but I've got it figured that I can get at least 2 flights a week. So long as the weather holds.

I noticed your fuel guage is bobo. Getting a new one soon? Been looking at a few different options.

Brian,

My fuel gauge/sending unit is bonkers too. Will be interested in what you find.

Tommy

I noticed your fuel guage is bobo. Getting a new one soon? Been looking at a few different options.

I have a site tube on the front of my tank. I can't see a level til it gets to about 14 gallons. I do have it maked at 5 and 10 gallons. I never leave the tank partly full, aways top it off. So I plan on burning off fuel to below 10 gallons and then drain of the rest into 5 gallon cans. Then I'll be running a site tube up the back of the cabin and back into the vent on top of the tank. Then I'll add 5 gal at a time and mark it as it goes up the tube. Had one like this before and it work very well. Checked the level during preflight and a site tube never lies.

Tony, Is that master switch turned off when the lid is up ? Or if you bump the lid down does that turn it off ?

Tony- You have a nice looking RAF, and its nice to see you flying it. Thanks for sharing and keep the videos coming. Stan

Tony, Is that master switch turned off when the lid is up ? Or if you bump the lid down does that turn it off ?

Switch is on with the cover up. Not to worry though if bumped all it shuts off is the panel and not the engine. Why you ask? Because I have a small box mounted to the front of the trim wheel box that has the 2 ignitions and fuel pumps which have their own seperate power sourse. And each of those are wired seperately.
Here's a picture during the build.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well got some more time in today. Pics are Zhills airport, a phosfate plant, boy that smells when you fly by plus the turbulance, an ultralite field, a State correctional facility, then some general shots.
After I landed I looked over the back of the cabin were I was going to put the site tube. I don't think there's enough room from the top of the seat down to make one practical. So next trip I'll drain off the tank and set the factory gauge. Now from what y'all have said doesn't sound like it'll last long. So I need to find out what the ohms are off the gauge and try something else. Can anyone tell me what they have experienced when the gauge goes bad?

Attachments

• Flying Pics 001.jpg
    Flying Pics 001.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Pics 002.jpg
    Flying Pics 002.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Pics 003.jpg
    Flying Pics 003.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Flying Pics 006.jpg
    Flying Pics 006.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 0
Nice pictures Tony thanks for sharing the fun!!

Just looked up the Sky Sport gauge and prob at Aircraft Spruce. Has a regular gauge not the little lights like this one. And I now remember the 1st BunyHugger had one from SkySports as I damaged the prob and had to get another. So soon as I find ot the hole size I'll be ordering one and get rid of this silly thing.

Hi Tony,

Nice pictures. I noticed that you have two compass. The vertical card in the center, and the horizontal card to the left near the master switch and just below the key switch.

In the picture, I see an error reading between the two headings. I'm sure the ferris metal in the key chain is causing the error. Be careful!

Wayne

Hi Tony,

Nice pictures. I noticed that you have two compass. The vertical card in the center, and the horizontal card to the left near the master switch and just below the key switch.

In the picture, I see an error reading between the two headings. I'm sure the ferris metal in the key chain is causing the error. Be careful!

Wayne

I did a compass swing on both while the engine was running on the compass row at the airport, but I'll recheck it. Thanks for the headsup.