That is a rotor HEAD!

And given that US government can simply print $$, this is what they would buy where a gyroplane could be a possibility. So all the wet dreams of a gyroplane for border patrol etc. in the US. Forget about it.

Sadly, for the 407 Bell has abandoned our beloved teetering rotor head -- developed for Bell by Arthur Young during WW II.

The seesaw head has its drawbacks, but it's dirt-simple and therefore both sturdy and relatively inexpensive. But you can't use it on a 4-blade rotor.

And given that US government can simply print $$, this is what they would buy where a gyroplane could be a possibility. So all the wet dreams of a gyroplane for border patrol etc. in the US. Forget about it.
In the old days of the computer business, the saying was nobody ever got fired for buying IBM. Park a Bell 407M next to, say, an MT03, and ask a taxpayer which one would be good for light attack or armed reconnaissance. The Bell is plainly the IBM in that contest.

What border patrol? They need bigger welcome wagons.

Sadly, for the 407 Bell has abandoned our beloved teetering rotor head -- developed for Bell by Arthur Young during WW II.

The seesaw head has its drawbacks, but it's dirt-simple and therefore both sturdy and relatively inexpensive. But you can't use it on a 4-blade rotor.
As long as Arthur Young was alive, Bell was locked into only using his semi-rigid, teetering rotor system. The 2/rev was also a factor in moving on to a fully articulating system.

Wayne

It’s a brilliant helicopter. My favorite flying machine. Just lovely to fly. Haven’t sat in one since 2019. This was my last flight with Pan African Airlines Nigeria when I flew the last of their 407s up to Lagos from our Escravos base.

Attachments

• D28AE631-7D68-44EB-952D-57B1F5727E11.jpeg
    D28AE631-7D68-44EB-952D-57B1F5727E11.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 23
Maybe
maybe your not marketing Gyroplane correctly or with enthusiasm? ..our military machines are selling? but then again it’s not a half recreational machine and half agriculture machine it’s a commercial machine not built or sold to attract the weekend flyer, it does lift 380 Kg in its stride …teetering head and all …just had one down here at the coast for trails …we are still optimistic that it can gain traction against the sales of Helicopter for observation or other tasks not requiring VTOL here it is standing near to a mini van this one has 240 Hp and all the horrid torque and other control issues are sorted our more industrial machine uses a 340Hp power plant enabling more weight lifting capability

Attachments

• 241A9BAC-4B14-4958-990E-50874A1ED7D0.jpeg
    241A9BAC-4B14-4958-990E-50874A1ED7D0.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 6206C1FD-8998-4693-831D-301D6BF8C218.jpeg
    6206C1FD-8998-4693-831D-301D6BF8C218.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 29
  • AE99475B-E69D-437D-8F84-AEC5BCEBF48C.jpeg
    AE99475B-E69D-437D-8F84-AEC5BCEBF48C.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 29
Maybe

maybe your not marketing Gyroplane correctly or with enthusiasm? ..our military machines are selling? but then again it’s not a half recreational machine and half agriculture machine it’s a commercial machine not built or sold to attract the weekend flyer, it does lift 380 Kg in its stride …teetering head and all …just had one down here at the coast for trails …we are still optimistic that it can gain traction against the sales of Helicopter for observation or other tasks not requiring VTOL here it is standing near to a mini van this one has 240 Hp and all the horrid torque and other control issues are sorted our more industrial machine uses a 340Hp power plant enabling more weight lifting capability

Hi Greg
Are your machines selling to US government? That is who I was commenting about. US government and specifically department of defense and DARPA wet dreams caused Groen Brothers to lose all their junk for nothing even after doing almost everything they wanted and spending millions in R&D. The US government does not care about the price. They are not efficient. They have the standard currency in the world and the rest of the world because of that eats away US inflation because of high demand of the USD around the world. They day USD loses its tracking as standard currency of the world, US will become a very poor country but till then ...

It’s a brilliant helicopter. My favorite flying machine. Just lovely to fly. Haven’t sat in one since 2019. This was my last flight with Pan African Airlines Nigeria when I flew the last of their 407s up to Lagos from our Escravos base.
Paddy,

I have to agree the Bell B-407 is a fine helo. A friend of mine owns one and I enjoyed flying the aircraft with him.

Wayne.

Now…. This is a Rotorhead!! 👍🏻😁IMG_4735.jpegIMG_4732.jpeg