Thanks

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Well, done with the Chemo after 5 months, which brought my 8 minute mile up to an hour and a half !!!
Man that stuff will beat you down.
Going back to the gym and should be back in shape soon to match my attitude.
I would like to thank the many of you who checked in on me to make sure I had everything I needed. From Food to money, you people know who you are and I am forever in your debt. Even had a guy come from out of state to mow my grass!!
The Gyro friends I've made over the years have edified my life and could never be replaced.
Ironically, the Morons were nowhere to be found, oh, wait, a few called to get information about gyro stuff!! Phuckem Done with em.
Some other things I found out while down and out.

I once knew a real person who turned out to be my imaginary friend.

Come to find out my best friend is someone I don't even like.

The ones you do the most for are the ones you get the least from.

Just cause your Family, doesn't mean you don't suck.

Thanks for your support and friendship my biggest asset in life is you.

JETLAG03

You've listed some real truths there. Hope you re-find yourself, your health and happiness. Better to be poor and healthy than rich and ill, fortunately, never experienced your troubles, but sure had "crap on my lap". Keep smiling .... it scares the hell out of folks

Phil

todo10

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations!!! I don't know what was your case but I had testicular cancer and fortunately, I haven't had to deal with chemo but I know what it feels like the whole process from surgery to surveillance. In my opinion, all this is about being positive!

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
Congratulations!!! I don't know what was your case but I had testicular cancer and fortunately, I haven't had to deal with chemo but I know what it feels like the whole process from surgery to surveillance. In my opinion, all this is about being positive!
I had small cell carcinoma of the upper left lobe.
My survival rate should be about 99% since I am 1:10,000,000 who's cancer was caught before the cancer spread
They took out half of my left lung, which I wish on no one.
The Chemo was worse than the removal of the lung.
Hope you're doing well and have no reappearance of the cancer, hope you have a healthy future.

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
Great news, glad to hear you are on the mends.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Just think of yourself as living at a higher density altitude that your neighbors now, with a bit less O2 at your disposal than before. Give yourself a little longer time/runway and you'll be back at your old favorite things.

todo10

Administrator
Staff member
I had small cell carcinoma of the upper left lobe.
My survival rate should be about 99% since I am 1:10,000,000 who's cancer was caught before the cancer spread
The Chemo was worse than the removal of the lung.
Hope you're doing well and have no reappearance of the cancer, hope you have a healthy future.
Same to you, buddy. Luckily, research on Cancer is getting better every year and I hope there will be new treatments during the following 5 years. Technology is improving a lot on this area

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
450 ish solo gyro and 80 ish two place
Glad you got to see the other side!

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
I'm so glad to hear from you . . .what a ride this one was! It takes a person like you to overcome and still have the attitude we come to love!
God bless you and I wish you a life with less pain from now on!

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
I'm so glad to hear from you . . .what a ride this one was! It takes a person like you to overcome and still have the attitude we come to love!
God bless you and I wish you a life with less pain from now on!
Thanks Heron.
Too bad your last visit didn't go as planed, I'll be here next time.

waynep

Hey,

I didn't know you were going through this. My family has been through a lot of horrible stuff. My kids and everyone pulled together to help my wife. She didn't make it. We pulled all the stops. I'm glad you made it. I'm not religious. But life and the people around you are joyous.

Love to you and yours,

Wayne