Thank you to the leadership of the Anson County, North Carolina, Fly-In (Oct. 19-21, 2023).

As a newbie to Gyro planes, I want to express my gratitude to everyone who was involved in welcoming me, and being patient with my questions as I sought to use the setting for education as well as obtaining flight lessons from Steve McGowan. The hospitality of Barry (Carolina Barnstormers) and others for providing space, meals, as well as the donuts and coffee provided by Steve McGowan, and the fellowship of everyone, enabled me to see how important community is in this beautiful form of flight. Richard Randolph. .

WELCOME RICHARD
It REALLY IS a wonderful community - more like a HUGE welcoming embracing family! (including a few black-sheep!!:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:!!)
WELCOME here & keep the learning going ... Bensen Days in Wauchula in early April is a "MUST-DO " event!

Glad you got some time with Steve in "The Black" ...as I continue to interview many of our diverse PRA Chapter members - I'm amazed how many gyro pilots have flown/trained with Steve & in the legendary "BLACK"!!

WELCOME RICHARD
It REALLY IS a wonderful community - more like a HUGE welcoming embracing family! (including a few black-sheep!!:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:!!)
WELCOME here & keep the learning going ... Bensen Days in Wauchula in early April is a "MUST-DO " event!

Glad you got some time with Steve in "The Black" ...as I continue to interview many of our diverse PRA Chapter members - I'm amazed how many gyro pilots have flown/trained with Steve & in the legendary "BLACK"!!
Ha! The humor among the members was the best part of all! Thanks!

Richard……. It was an absolute honor having you over to our little part of the gyro world.

This bunch of misfits are the best people around! Love them all…..and that’s why we keep having our little get together.

You are welcome over anytime 👍🏻😊

Barry
Carolina BarnStormers
Thank you to the leadership of the Anson County, North Carolina, Fly-In (Oct. 19-21, 2023).Thank you to the leadership of the Anson County, North Carolina, Fly-In (Oct. 19-21, 2023).

Richard……. It was an absolute honor having you over to our little part of the gyro world.

This bunch of misfits are the best people around! Love them all…..and that’s why we keep having our little get together.

You are welcome over anytime 👍🏻😊

Barry
Carolina BarnStormers
View attachment 1159642View attachment 1159643
Love it! Post the last picture on every media you have! And thanks Barry! Your kindness represents the whole. I look forward to another term of returning. I’m heading to Macon. Georgia this week to continue with lessons and hopefully there will not be as much wind so I could get in more than just short period. Somewhere along the way I’ll be buying some Gyro plane and I’ll be back up there intentionally. Have a great week! Richard.

Thanks to everyone who joined us this weekend.😊Thank you to the leadership of the Anson County, North Carolina, Fly-In (Oct. 19-21, 2023).Thank you to the leadership of the Anson County, North Carolina, Fly-In (Oct. 19-21, 2023).Thank you to the leadership of the Anson County, North Carolina, Fly-In (Oct. 19-21, 2023).
More pics to follow 😎👍🏻

Umm...what's that fella doin' crouched in front of BK...ah, well - not my pig, not my farm.

Sure do like Patrese's Sparrowhawk paint job heh heh.Thank you to the leadership of the Anson County, North Carolina, Fly-In (Oct. 19-21, 2023).

Last edited:
Best Photo award clearly goes to BK's rainbow, dang!

As a newbie to Gyro planes, I want to express my gratitude to everyone who was involved in welcoming me, and being patient with my questions as I sought to use the setting for education as well as obtaining flight lessons from Steve McGowan. The hospitality of Barry (Carolina Barnstormers) and others for providing space, meals, as well as the donuts and coffee provided by Steve McGowan, and the fellowship of everyone, enabled me to see how important community is in this beautiful form of flight. Richard Randolph. .

It was great to meet you, Richard! Hope you keep coming to the Carolina Barnstormers gatherings! Barry K does do an excellent job of herding the cats :D

This meet was punctuated by good cheer and comradery, and a bunch of safety-minded, courteous, thoughtful and respectful pilots in the air at all times.

Well done, to one and all!

It was great to meet you, Richard! Hope you keep coming to the Carolina Barnstormers gatherings! Barry K does do an excellent job of herding the cats :D

This meet was punctuated by good cheer and comradery, and a bunch of safety-minded, courteous, thoughtful and respectful pilots in the air at all times.

Well done, to one and all!
An excellent summary of what so many of us felt during those three days. I was unable to return on Sunday due to commitments. I certainly look forward to returning and getting to know these gyro jockeys much better. A great group who care about one another, safety and support in this need we have to fly!