Thank You Obama

RotorTom

Aircraft
Enstrom 480B, CTLS, Ercoupe
Total Flight Time
5000+
So ... I got off work early (around noon) and rushed out to the airport because it was a beautiful summer afternoon. I had visions of taking my Xenon into the wild blue ... skimming a local creek bed, then hovering into the southern wind.:plane:

Then, I listened to Front Range ATIS: "Flight Restrictions in a 30 mile radius of Denver."

Certainly, they would let me do pattern work, right?:sorry:

WRONG!:Cry:

The tower informed me that no pattern work is being allowed, nor can we fly around and come back. If we want to take off we must file a flight plan, climb out to at least 2,000 feet above ground (for radar purposes) and depart the restricted area.:der:

That's right, the entire Denver aviation community has been shut down because of the Democratic National Convention!

No plane rentals, no pattern work, no lessons, no sightseeing -- nothing ... except basically airlines. And even those have been curtailed.

This is all to keep Obama safe.:usa2:

BTW ... when you really examine what is going on ... the Democratic party is NOT an official governmental entity. It is a private organization having a convention. Would the FAA impose such restrictions for other private groups? Like trade organizations? Religious groups? Associations?

I understand the need for security but this is ridiculous.:rant:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Aw ha! We just discovered a government conspiracy on another thread!!
I'll bet he is in on it! This is more proof, guys!!
Here's Kerry's breaking news regarding all the gyro accidents and the tree's!!!

It isn't waving at the crowd, guys.

It's the trees! There is a Tree Conspiracy about gyros and other low-flying aircraft.

The trees just sit there, until an unsuspecting gyro shows up. Then, pow! It's "catch-that-gyro" time!

I've read ALL the accident reports on the NTSB website, and more besides. It has to be the trees! I mean, what gyro pilot would fly into a tree?

This isn't just a safety issue, it's a Trees Against Gyros Understanding Regarding Incidents/Travel (TAG - UR - IT)!
:noidea:
Ah aw!

I knew it!!!

I suspect it's a conspiracy by the government!!! :spy:

The government’s always trying to kick gyros off the airports! :Cry:
This is further proof the government is breading gyro swatting tree's to exterminate us.:whip:

Also 1/2 of the US government actually hates independent people who don't need there help to survive! See the conspiracy motive now?

We are builders and doer they hate that unless they can tax your extra effort!

See they can't tax you for working harder building your rotorcraft than your follow man so they are killing all the doer off for having more fun than the non-doers.

It's all very clear to me now Kerry?

Thanks Kerry for the heads up!!!

PS:
They are not Rountree's mind you that are involved in the conspiracy; or I would know about it!

However my cousins the Roundtree's may be involved. :sorry:

-- End re post----

Seriously that does suck!!
But hope I made you smile at least, Tom?

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
TomTom Tom!

TomTom Tom!

I sure hope you are kidding becuase otherwise you need to get back on the meds! There are people from other countries who read this stuff!

FDK is shut down routinely because the grinning chimp is at camp David. Gee I guess I should get upset...

boo hoo

Jeesh

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
On Second Thought.....

On Second Thought.....

On the off chance you werent kidding...

wouldnt a better title for this thread be Thanks Democracy!

Then we could consider how much better it would be if there were no conventions.... or choice....or.....

fiveboy

:flame::flame::flame:pS let the hatred begin!:flame::flame::flame::flame:

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
It's just sucks when you can't fly for any reason.

Every once in a while San Diego is shut down for the president of Mexico landing in Tijuana Mexico! That sucks too!!!

RotorTom

Aircraft
Enstrom 480B, CTLS, Ercoupe
Total Flight Time
5000+
Huh?

Huh?

Fiveboy ... What planet are you from? Who said anything about "Hate"? I was simply noting that it is ridiculous to shut down a 30 mile radius around a major city for one week due to a convention. Especially when the convention is NOT a government function. It is a private political party. I would feel the same if it were the Republican convention.

Why not simply have a restriction for the city? Why 30 miles, why no pattern work? Why such a wide sweeping precaution?

This is my point: plain and simple. No "hatred". No political leanings. No anti-democracy. I simply think it is an over-reaction. The basis of our American lifestyle is freedom. And with freedom comes some risk. Lately, we've been trying to regulate and legislate ALL risk out of EVERYTHING. If we continue -- we will trade freedom for security.

I do not know of any flight resrtiction ever that has been this big for this long.

Oh ... did I mention, they also will not do any surgeries in Denver (no matter how important) unless they are an emergency because they want to leave the medical staff on alert for "dignitaries".

Remember ... no "hate" just an observation. By the way ... those who throw out "hate" in an attempt to shut down thought are the ones I fear the most.

LGoodhind

Aircraft
former builder- project in mothballs
Total Flight Time
>those who throw out "hate" in an attempt to shut down thought are the ones I fear the most.

Yup. And whoever invokes Adolph first has officially lost the argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

I'm thinking this has little to do with Obama or McCain. I'd look to homeland security as well as local government & law enforcement. A political convention is an attractive nuisance- the host city is selling inconvenience using the same sort of util calculus they use to approve baseball stadiums.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Magni M24 Orion
Total Flight Time
It cuold be so easy:

If politicians would not be THAT corrupt and chronic liars nobody would like to kill them (except other people that want to become corrupt politicians and chronic liars).

So if these people show up somewhere no restricted area would have to be installed.

There are only few politicians (kings/lords whatsoever) in history that served the interests of their people AND the world, the rest turns the world to the worse and worse......

Angelo

PS: in Austria 20 members of PETA are in jail because they are SUSPICIOUS in "animal-protection-terrorism", one of them in jail ONLY BECAUSE HE EXPLAINED TO ANOTHER MEMBER HOW TO ENCRYPT E-MAILS !!!!!!!!!

Is this democracy ? THIS IS STATE-TERRORISM legitimized by LAW!!! Slowly the entire world turns into a 3rd-Reich because ALL democratic governments unanimously agree in setting up laws to terrorize their people.

M. Pearce

Gold Member
Aircraft
Presently building a fixed wing!
Total Flight Time
Just a few!
Tom,
That's not the most frightening thing I have heard.

Remember when JFK jr. crashed his plane and the military rushed out to search and spent millions of taxpayers money.

Then what's his name comes up missing recently during a "routhine flight" and folks still are looking for him on google earth.

Did the military come out looking like they did with JFK jr.?

Then today this is what happened to me.

I go out to the country to mow "Water Moccasin Ranch" the spread I own out south of town.

I'm mowing and notice my shop window screen out in the yard.

I shut the mower down and go see my freshly broken window of my shop.

Then I notice the house back door window is broken also.

Next I check my motor home and sure enought someone broke out the door class on it as well.

I walk into the house and notice the lights are on and the A/C is running.

I have my .45 Ruger on my hip as usual for shootin snakes from the mower.

So I dial 911 for some backup from the local sherrif because I think someone might be still in there.

This idiot they sent out, first thing he says, "do you always carry around a firearm on you hip?.

I say well hell yeah, specially when I think someone might be inside my house and they could come out and attack me.

I told this fruit that just because someone slapped a badge on him it doesn't make him the only one that can protect himself.

Cops don't want citizens to have firearms is what it boils down too.

Get ready folks, America has law enforcement that thinks we shouldn't have our own protection.

Let that Obama git in and see how many rights we loose in the near future.

911 wasn't planned by our government but it sure fit into their agenda just perfectly.

Now you are telling us that our one great hope, our only shot to save this country can care less who's rights are infringed upon just because he, (his party) is in town.

The freakin border fence our government is building is not to keep the Mexicans out, It's to keep us law abiding Americans in!!!!!!!

Were just a captive number for some bean counter at the Tax office and that's about all they care about...

Last edited:

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
Tom, your blame is misplaced. The Democrats didn't ask for that TFR...the Bush administration gets that credit. It's discouraging, but by the President's own definition, I think the terrorists have won, in the sense that we've punished our own businesses and crippled our own freedoms in a ridiculous, knee-jerk overreaction to 9/11.

To be fair, any gathering of dozens of elected national leaders is a likely target for someone intent on disrupting the political system. It has little to do with who's hosting it.

It's 30 miles to account for reaction time needed to scramble the jets. Although, in this case, I'd bet they'll be in the air all the time.

M. Pearce

Gold Member
Aircraft
Presently building a fixed wing!
Total Flight Time
Just a few!
PW,

Yep your right, the jets will already be there.

Actually you would be amazed at how much they are there but no-one talks about that on a daily basis.

I used to work at a local Municipal Airport back in about 1992 or 1993.

Every single day at about the same time an all white Air Force Jet would do one touch and go.

At one of our monthly meetings I asked about it and got a lame explanation about it keeping the airport up to federal standards.

One guy said it was like a Hamm radio operator broadcasting his call sign once daily to keep his license current.

Maybe so.

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrobee, My design
Total Flight Time
Another change in security in the last few years is that whenever a big politician is in town, all the overpasses for miles around have a cop stationed on them.

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
All_In said:
See they can't tax you for working harder building your rotorcraft than your fellow man, so they are killing all the doer off for having more fun than the non-doers.
Clearly, you don't live in a state that imposes Real Estate Taxes on Aircraft. Georgia does. All I can say is, "OWWWWWWWWWW!!!! My WALLET!"

*JC*

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
Apology Tom

Apology Tom

Fiveboy ... What planet are you from? Who said anything about "Hate"?
I was quite a bit zonked when I wrote that. I have a bad back and I guess mic¡xing pain meds rum and the forum makes me crazier.

I do however have a theatrical and subversive side so I guess I unloaded my rotor on you. Apologies.

The hate reference was to the hate I thought would be thrown at me for being such a trouble maker. Sorry Tom.

I think you are right actually. I guess I just got sparked by blaming it on Obama (not an Obama defender, I just see him already getting the Clinton treatment).

I not only think they shouldnt close the airports but I think its just one more brick in the wall of over regulation and paranoid rights grabbing by invoking fear. That the surgeries are limited is flat out unconstitutional.

Again while I stand by my right to be provaocative I apologize for the intensity.

fiveboy

PS I have never been from this planet... I am Canadian!

LuftCarl

Aircraft
C-172 & Golden Butterfly (Under Construction)
Total Flight Time
Whatever you feel about the government, politicians, etc., you don't want to push your luck with the Feds. The last time the President was in the Sacramento area about a year ago, 12 pilots violated the restricted airspace. Most were forced to land at the behest of military aircraft. Six of them lost their license. That would really ruin my day. So tread carefully around TFRs.

We get them regularly in the SF Bay Area. I just plan not to fly at all until they are lifted. It sucks, but what are you gonna do?

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
Well Said

Well Said

Tom,
That's not the most frightening thing I have heard......

.....The freakin border fence our government is building is not to keep the Mexicans out, It's to keep us law abiding Americans in!!!!!!!

Were just a captive number for some bean counter at the Tax office and that's about all they care about...
Mark you are a man after my own heart! Well said my friend. Do you know if your passport has less than 6 months remainin they wont let you leave!?? TRUE

fiveboy

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
@JC
Your right they have even found a way to tax the doers with property taxes haven't they!!

Mark you are a man after my own heart! Well said my friend. Do you know if your passport has less than 6 months remainin they wont let you leave!?? TRUE

fiveboy
Here in San Diego the fence has really helped reduce the ease of just walking across the border both ways. Though no one stops you from climbing over the fence and into Mexico at all they don't care if you go back the way you came or what your citizenship is climbing back over!!!

Found out the hard way about the passport and only 5 months remaining on it! They said I would have to get it renewed! So I just showed them my Mexican passport! They flipped out! Put me in a little room and grilled me on why I had two passports? I told them it was to handle petty government bureaucrats from both countries from taxing me, or stopping me in life. I don't think that helped me any though!

They finally let me leave our country but did not like me using all the rules against them!

Last edited: