Texas MTO Fly-in?

magknight

Aircraft
Cessna Cardinal, AutoGyro Cavalon (sold), Arrowcopter AC20 (sold) / MTOSport (sold)
Total Flight Time
1000+
It seems that there is a growing number of MTO's in Texas and several in route (I ordered one last month, expecting delivery in December). Anyone up for a Texas MTO fly-in in the spring?

Last edited:
This sounds like an interesting idea. Actually a flight to several places over 2 days might also be fun. Like Dallas to Houston then San Antonio. Just a thought.

There you go. A tour of MTO's. I'm guessing we'd get a bit of attention for sure.

The machines built to tour - enjoy

You should get the Germans in on it too. Talk to AutoGyro over in Hildesheim see if they send some folks over. There was some pretty significant immigration from their neck of the woods into to Texas about a 150 years or so ago. We have them to thank for the Original Shiner Bock beer.

Add mine to the list here in Austin...gonna hand Desmon a fat check sometime in the next couple of weeks for a fiery red N512LV. :)

Very cool. I should have mine built late December or early January. So we don't all freeze, I'd think late March. Anyone know the total count of MTO's in Texas?

Ja Ja, das ist sehr gut!

Maybe Fredericksburg, Tx. for some good German food.

Some bratwurst, sauerkraut, blutwurst, und potatoes.

Somewhat "centered" in Texas....T82 Gillespie Co. Airport

Attachments

• Schultz01.jpg
    Schultz01.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Hmmm....I reserved it last week, and have the credit card receipt...So if it's showing available, I better check on that.

Edit: Just called the Aircraft Registry, and it's rather silly. They received the request on the 21st (like I said, a week ago.) They are currently processing requests received Oct. 17, so until they actually get to mine it will show as available.

That's so dumb. This should be fully automated...why does someone need to manually "process" this reservation?

-John

Last edited:
Not to derail my own thread, but :) I did the same on 832TX. The site said to allow up to 3 weeks for it to be processed. They also said that we'd receive a written notice on acceptance or rejection. Have you seen a letter or anything other than the confirmation email?

The FAA website is good for this kind of data

21 MTOsports currently registered with the FAA of which a whopping 11 are in sunny TX.

See the listing here

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/AcftRef_Results.aspx?Mfrtxt=&Modeltxt=MTOSPORT&PageNo=1

plus a few "more" in the pipeline by the sounds of it.

All two seaters - All Rotax powered.

More photos of them please

Enjoy

Steve

The Texas machines are easy to spot because they were all ordered with gun racks ! :D

Don't forget the big tires and giant smoke stack exhausts! Now if Rotax just made a diesel...

Did this idea ever go anywhere? I have an MTO and can offer my 2500' grass runway in East Texas ( TA37 Vaca Moo ) for one of the stops.