Testing gyros for buntovers potential

Gentlemen,

I truly appreciate all the mind aspects for whatever this is,,

But DAMN Yall complicating the Hell Outta the NOVICE Pilot..and me TOO

AnyWay,,,,,Yall's PARTY

Coincidence

Coincidence

Is it just a coincidence that people with the first name of Chuck have a talent for taking the fun out of this sport!!! What garbage!!!Just put another deadbolt on my door knowing you strangeies are out there.I am sure all the Newbies(who we need in this sport) are really taking notes on this crap!!They now know they will need at least a masters degree to be successful in this sport--mine is only mail order but thank God for it!!!----on another note--Anyone out there have an extra" slide rule'-I lost mine and now can't start my gyro!------LC 281-489-2019

Last edited:
One doesn't need a masters to fly anything.

It's a great advantage however to have available to us sources of information that go down to the deeper levels of the 'what' and 'how' of gyro aerodynamics for those who would like to understand but never had the formal education.

Yes there are newbies taking notes, probably those who don't want to trust to blind luck and, 'because he does I can.'

Every so often, perhaps too often, we read on this forum of someone who didn't make it. It is of course no guarantee, but a greater knowledge of exactly what they were doing may have prevented some of those statistics

Every so often, perhaps too often, we read on this forum of someone who didn't make it. It is of course no guarantee, but a greater knowledge of exactly what they were doing may have prevented some of those statistics
Zactly.
Those who have no interest in understanding are either too proud [ interprit as arrogant] to admit to themselves that they just mite learn sumthn, or have a blind faith that wen the sh1t hits the fan, sum miraculous intervention will save their ass,... or both.
Either way, they be fools to ignor freely available info.
It dont matter wot machine im sitn in, be it a car, grader, road train, bike, gyro or heli, i like to know all there is to know. Coz the better you know the beast, the more control you have, and the more you can get out of it, without over do'n it.

grader,

Birdy, good choice a grader is exceptionally stable until you try and operate it on too steep a slope.

Once the slope becomes too steep its center of gravity will change its stability.

You and I and most here understand that simple fact, the problem in this group is it seems to attract a few who are unable to grasp such basic principles.

Maybe gyros are natures new vehicle to cleanse the gene pool?

Another bird strike---

Another bird strike---

.........idiot

" POT "-all of this theory is not worth one day of training!When you are trying to interest someone in this sport(any sport) the worst thing you can do is present to much heavy theory!!All of this is enforceing the point of many that gyros are very dangerous machines and bad for your health! ----That this "heavy" theory is necessary to be a good pilot is bull---I know many people who are great fliers without it---- with all of our differences one thing will always be true------men who fly planes thank God--when I fly a gyro I am a God!The only thing Superman has on me is tights and a better butt!----your friend " Kettle " 281-489-2019

Some of these characters remind me of my NYC grown first wife.

At the NY State fair in Syracuse, she peered underneath a blue ribbon bull that was on display and said; “My, I’ll bet that cow gives a lot of milk!”

It ruined her whole day (and mine) when I spoiled her blissful ignorance and informed her that what she took to be an udder was in fact a scrotum and that while there might be a superficial resemblance, the functions were entirely different.

Many gyro people are the same way; they get very annoyed when informed their most cherished fallacies are just that.

StanFoster

StanFoster

Chuck- Your last post madd me laugh out loud so much so that the squirrels in my trees are looking at me like I am a big NUT ! There coming to take me away - got to love this forum. Have a good day there Chuck! Stan

Is it just a coincidence that people with the first name of Chuck have a talent for taking the fun out of this sport!!! What garbage!!!Just put another deadbolt on my door knowing you strangeies are out there.I am sure all the Newbies(who we need in this sport) are really taking notes on this crap!!They now know they will need at least a masters degree to be successful in this sport--mine is only mail order but thank God for it!!!----on another note--Anyone out there have an extra" slide rule'-I lost mine and now can't start my gyro!------LC 281-489-2019

Each year we seem to lose around four participants in our sport of flying experimental gyroplanes.

I feel that the dead participants limit the growth of the sport of flying gyroplanes more than the fear of reaching my personal intellectual limits because there are things to learn to make me safer and better able to access risks.

Thank you, Vance

Joe'
When I first started to learn how to fly the gyro Chuck B was my saviour more than once. There were no two place trainors yet and the only way to learn and live was to listen to what the "Chucks" of this world that we live and play in said. I have been in gyros for close to twenty five years now. Chuck would make suggestions and I listened,
learned and lived. Not a bad strategy,worked for me!

I am sure all the Newbies(who we need in this sport) are really taking notes on this crap!!They now know they will need at least a masters degree to be successful in this sport--

All the newbies need to know is:

1. Buy a STABLE gyro with a good safe reputation. Some examples are Dominator, Monarch, Magni, CLT AirCommand (only), SparrowHawk, SportCopter, Xenon and others.

2. Get training from a properly rated gyro CFI. Even if you are a rated high time pilot in everything but gyros you still NEED gyro specific training.

If you have 1 and 2 you can ignore 3 and 4 below...

3. All currently in business gyro kit manufacturers are selling safe stable machines. However, one company that did make unstable gyros with known design flaws might be starting business back up in South Africa. If the machine you are looking at does not have a Horizontal Stabilizer it is almost certainly NOT a safe stable machine. The test described in this thread fails on these machines past certain airspeeds.

4. Those that need to do the tests described in this thread are mostly experienced pilots that own a machine that is scratch-built or of a legacy design (high thrust line). If this test fails there are ways (described in other threads) to enhance the stability and safety of your gyro.

Vance

Vance

Each year we seem to lose around four participants in our sport of flying experimental gyroplanes.

I feel that the dead participants limit the growth of the sport of flying gyroplanes more than the fear of reaching my personal intellectual limits because there are things to learn to make me safer and better able to access risks.

Thank you, Vance

Pushing yourself to intellectual limits on ridiculous theory and then using bad judgment in flying will lead to the same results. LC--If we attacked the real cause of 99% of these crashes with the same vigor as the Chucks approach this crap we would indeed save lives. LC 281-489-2019

%

%

Joe'
When I first started to learn how to fly the gyro Chuck B was my saviour more than once. There were no two place trainors yet and the only way to learn and live was to listen to what the "Chucks" of this world that we live and play in said. I have been in gyros for close to twenty five years now. Chuck would make suggestions and I listened,
learned and lived. Not a bad strategy,worked for me!

Bud---helped one -scared off 100's---Thousands of potential gyro pilots read this forum---yet our sport is dying a not so slow death-I just recieved a call from a Newby who agrees!LC 281-489-2019

Same

Same

All the newbies need to know is:

1. Buy a STABLE gyro with a good safe reputation. Some examples are Dominator, Monarch, Magni, CLT AirCommand (only), SparrowHawk, SportCopter, Xenon and others.

2. Get training from a properly rated gyro CFI. Even if you are a rated high time pilot in everything but gyros you still NEED gyro specific training.

If you have 1 and 2 you can ignore 3 and 4 below...

3. All currently in business gyro kit manufacturers are selling safe stable machines. However, one company that did make unstable gyros with known design flaws might be starting business back up in South Africa. If the machine you are looking at does not have a Horizontal Stabilizer it is almost certainly NOT a safe stable machine. The test described in this thread fails on these machines past certain airspeeds.

4. Those that need to do the tests described in this thread are mostly experienced pilots that own a machine that is scratch-built or of a legacy design (high thrust line). If this test fails there are ways (described in other threads) to enhance the stability and safety of your gyro.

Tim--you copied a previous thread of mine--All correct and I fully agree!!!! What I do not agree to is that to safely drive a car I not only should know engine theory and mechicanics but know and understand the automotive engineering than went in to the car design etc and that somehow this will save me from being killed because I am a bad driver--Bull-Bull _ bull-call me any time--LC--281-489-2019--still getting calls from people we scared off----

Flying a gyro with known design issues that regularly kills people certainly qualifies as bad judgment, especially given that there's no secret to fixing the flaws.

Flight training isn't a substitute for proper aircraft design.

People getting killed needlessly is part of why this sport is dying - better to perhaps "scare off" a few than watch them die because they choose an unsafe design. Even better, there are undoubtedly a bunch of folks that have learned & made better design choices. That's what will save this sport...

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't work, the physics don't change just because you choose not to believe.

Pushing yourself to intellectual limits on ridiculous theory and then using bad judgment in flying will lead to the same results. LC--If we attacked the real cause of 99% of these crashes with the same vigor as the Chucks approach this crap we would indeed save lives. LC 281-489-2019

What is the real cause of 99% of these crashes?

How would we attack it?

Thank you, Vance

Where have you been

Where have you been

Flying a gyro with known design issues that regularly kills people certainly qualifies as bad judgment, especially given that there's no secret to fixing the flaws.

Flight training isn't a substitute for proper aircraft design.

People getting killed needlessly is part of why this sport is dying - better to perhaps "scare off" a few than watch them die because they choose an unsafe design. Even better, there are undoubtedly a bunch of folks that have learned & made better design choices. That's what will save this sport...

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't work, the physics don't change just because you choose not to believe.
Brett--You are right on with this--(-included in one of my threads also-)--Who on this forum disagrees with you ---not me!!!But the truth is we are losing pilots flying your approved machines also----That is why I harp on accident causes and not just machine types---------AS far as all this theory talk--aeronautical engineers are still arguing about the theory on prop preformance etc.Lots of talk---I have no hidden agendas-have no need to want people to think I am special because I fly a gyro.I see you are a helo man(like to know my enemy)--( a joke!!)If the average person could afford one of these as easily as a gyro the death rate would blow your mind.-----WE do agree to pick one of the more forgiving machines---We do agree to get proper training---We do agree to use good judgment in flying---Do we at this point agree a gyro is then one of the safest machines flying????This should be the agenda of this forum!!!!!!!!!!!Let go of all the other crap between certain parties on this site---I will help anyone out there as much as I can--call 281-489-2019 or cell 713-302-0292--I am not that knowledgable but will stear you on to someone who is--This is the greatest sport in the world--follow your dreams and become a God like me---Fly safe LC