Terry Holmes

bpearson

It is with great sadness yesterday I was told that Terry had lost his battle with cancer and passed away.
Terry was one of the first people I made contact with many years ago when I got interested in gyros and his enthusiasm was infectious. Most people flying single seat gyros in the UK will probably be flying under a set of Dragon wings rotors he supplied as he was the UK dealer for many years.
Up till a few years ago Terry was a frequent visitor to Bensen days.
Although advancing in years his energy would put most thirty year old to shame and he was flying and tinkering with gyros only a few months back.
He will be greatly missed.
Brian.

steveb

Aircraft
Magni M16 & M24
Total Flight Time
Lots
Very sorry to hear that. Bought the Dragon Wings for my Merlin from him and nearly bought his VPM ..... a great guy.

C. Beaty

Gold Supporter
I met Terry years ago; saddens me to hear of his passing.

As I recall, Terry was originally from Ireland, I think he said the Republic but it could have been NI.

bpearson

Chuck...Terry mentioned you in the very first conversation I had with him.....and most since. He was passionate about rotorcraft and would talk for hours about thrust lines and horizontal stabilisers.
In fact...apart from our brief chat last week, I doubt I ever had a phone conversation that didn't last at least an hour.

SandL

Aircraft
Bensen Merlin dragon wings Rotax 532
Total Flight Time
400hrs (4,000 instructional launches) gliding, 200 fixed wing, 100 gyro
Terry drove over to yorkshire to supply my dragon wings, I still fly under his blades and will look after them.
A very knowlagabe guy with boundless enthusiasm and energy, a truly sad loss to all.
I just ask that those with knowage please type it up write it down record it or what ever just find away to preserve it and pass it on for future generations

fly with angels Terry

Peter

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
My condolences. I hope humanity will start to find cures for common cancers soon.

dino

Aircraft
Campbell Cricket, Benson, Merlin, Everett, RAF2000, Rallye 100ST, Grumman AA5.
So sad to hear this news, I used to chat to him on the phone for ages about the early days in gyros. He will be missed. RIP