Tensor 600X

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. GT-VX1&2, Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Just happened to catch this. May have already been posted/discussed, I did look but didn't find, so please excuse if this is old news.
I have seen the Phil Bennet had done a video on it in Dec of 2020 for the gyrocopter club, and that it has flown.

It certainly looks good, some innovative features...and, room for some/adequate baggage which is a little unusual and a pleasant change. The price...though probably not yet fixed likely to be eye-watering.

I was once told some years ago that if you don't see something in aviation it is likely to be for one, or possibly two reasons.

Weight and/or, Cost.

Last edited:
Back seat looks tight as far as room for another control stick. Its a heck of a good looking gyro though for sure.

He mentions several times the ability to do maneuvers and missions that are impossible with airplanes or helicopters, but never says what it can do that a helicopter can't (except to suggest falsely - at about 6:20 - that helicopters can't operate remotely without airport support). I think he has the "ability" argument backwards given that helicopters can hover and his aircraft can't.
At a price of 300,000 euro (mentioned at 7:20), that's nearly identical to a new Robinson R22, so he's not making a very persuasive cost argument, either (especially given that the Robbie's certification allows commercial use, and his gyro is unlikely to get that certification - a serious mission limitation).

One must wonder if they intend to do only VR training or if a dual control option is planned. He mentions a "copilot" once and the instrument visibility but shows no controls in the aft seat

Last edited:
I'm sure its just me, but it looks delicate.
Hell even the way he closes the door...
"Who packed your chute Thane? I dunno man, I wouldn't jump it if I were you!"

The price certainly is pitched way up there, and as WaspAir points out, puts it against a Robbie that is certifiable, both potential drawbacks.
With regard to pitching against Robbie at the same price point I am fairly sure however that its maintenance and operating costs would be lower.

It certainly looks good but that designer sure has to improve his seating, that rear seat looks horribly uncomfortable, and the front one not a whole lot better.

The idea of simulator training alongside actual in the aircraft is a good idea. The use of ground based simulators has been thoroughly tested and accepted by both civil and military aviation as a a very safe, valuable, and cost effective tool for pilot training and the accuracy and realism achievable these days with modern technology is impressive.

There are serious traffic issues around modern major cities these days where millions of productive hours are wasted simply commuting through congested road systems, most major cities have satellite airfields around them, or areas where a gyro taxi service could operate from more cheaply than present helicopter operations.

I remain interested in seeing how this one progresses, however am also aware that the ArrowCopter was another that looked very promising, but seems to have not fulfilled the potential once hoped for.

Not seen any recent news on it.