Tango1 ?

13brv3

Gold Member
I saw a couple videos of Tango1 test flights, which look interesting. Was that a model that was actually sold in the US? Would they accept an 80 HP 912UL? I notice that the Tangogyro web site seems to be down with some sort of internal error or I would have asked them :)
Thanks,
Rusty

Sv.grainne

Aircraft
Aviomania, G1sB Genesis
The Tango site is down while Paul works out rehosting issues. As far as I know the one seater was a one of a kind.

13brv3

Gold Member
Thanks. I was afraid of that, since I haven't seen it mentioned before. I'm still looking for alternatives to sending part of my retirement account to the Island of Cyprus :)
Rusty

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
I would invest in a magnificently machined ...GyroTechnic ... from MN ...made in USA & incredible customer support from our own Denis!
...IF I was in the market for a single place gyro!
I suppose the cabin/pod/windscreen is a big plus for choosing Tango or Aviomania!

BEN S

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex
Total Flight Time
300+
13brv3, what kind of flying do you intend to do with it mostly? Airport to Airport?
Off field take off and landing?
Paved roads or dirt strips or grass?

13brv3

Gold Member
At least a partial enclosure is a requirement for me, so I'd have to wait until Denis figures out how to machine a cabin out a giant piece of aluminum :) Seriously, his parts are a work of art, and I may end up with one of his tails on a single place Dominator project I bought last summer.
Any flying will be local, mostly from pavement. I love the Aviomania convertible idea, with a windscreen for the hot summer, and full enclosure for the winter.

Rusty

BEN S

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex
Total Flight Time
300+

shootthrees

Tom Duncan
Aircraft
Tango 2
Total Flight Time
170 Ultralight FW, 216 Gyro, 15 GA
Alex made only one Tango 1 with a Rotax 582. Since there was very little demand, he stopped offering them and Paul as the current owner of Tangogyro, does not plan to offer them. I agree with Christine, Dennis at Gyrotechnic can offer you a single place kit with the 912.