Taggart Gyro-Bee in CAD

oldcrow

I am currently in the process of converting Taggart's Gyro-Bee drawings into CAD. Even though Taggart's drawings are very well drawn, there will be something you could take to the cnc shop to have cut.
just pm me with the parts you need and I will zip them and email them to you.
Ken

Up to phase 6 complete

Up to phase 6 complete

this is just showing phase 1 and phase 6 each phase shows that section added on. only 9 more to go (I am not going to show the rotax engine mount)

F1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

F6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

When you get done with this, are you going to offer it up to others?

I got this 3D model but it is a .step file so it cant be edited, That's why I would like the one OLDCROW is working on

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 19
Hi Ken,

I'm planning to build a Gyrobee, could you please send me the 3D model? I had one from grabcad but it does not have the tail design which is important.

Thank you

John

Hi Ken,

I'm planning to build a Gyrobee, could you please send me the 3D model? I had one from grabcad but it does not have the tail design which is important.

Thank you

John
I have the GrabCAD model and it's pretty accurate, though missing a few bits, as you said the tail. There is not a set standard empennage for the 'Bee IIRC, so you will more than likely be design/building one unless using a pre-manufactured tail. That part is left up to the builder provided certain volumes and proportions are adhered to. I am fabricating one from carbon fiber over foam core, and others have used metal skin, Stits fabric, etc.

I am currently in the process of converting Taggart's Gyro-Bee drawings into CAD. Even though Taggart's drawings are very well drawn, there will be something you could take to the cnc shop to have cut.
just pm me with the parts you need and I will zip them and email them to you.
Ken
PRA would love to have a copy for our library when you are finished with the CAD.
If needed we may be able to pay you as our revenue is increasing??