SX Day's (and now it begins)

PRuffin

Gold Member
Here are some photos from Friday, getting ready for the crowd! :)

1- Greg flying
2- Greg flying
3- Scott working

You see how this is going Huh!

Attachments

• IM000129.jpg
    IM000129.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000127.jpg
    IM000127.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000128.jpg
    IM000128.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More Photos

1- Mary Getting ready to feed us!
2- Greg Playing with his Helo.
3- Working on the runway (Finally got Greg to break a sweat)
4- The gyros there on Frid.

Chris Wilson brough his down and left it but can't get a photo of it.
Scott's Brother is in town and wanted to learn to fly,,,,,,,,,and Chris' Gyro isn't as pretty as it use to be........ Sorry Chris :D

Attachments

• IM000134.jpg
    IM000134.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000135.jpg
    IM000135.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000137.jpg
    IM000137.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000141.jpg
    IM000141.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Gosh, Phil! That has to be $500 worth of crab-legs!...at least by California prices. I hesitated to move to Charlotte because of Ron living in the area ;), but now I have an incentive to be able to make your fly-in every year.

hope good weather

hope good weather

Scott,

You can admit it, you are filling in the holes left by the mother ship from planet zingo..... the photo proves it !

Yea Ken, When Mary feeds people she feeds them.....That is only part of the feast, we had a mess O shrimp also with all the trimings. Plus Mary's special dipping sauce. It was too good for words.

Left my camera at Scott's so I will try to post some more photos tomorrow.

Had a right nice turn out today. I think about 9 or 10 flying and one static. Those that didn't come, you missed some of the best flying weather that's been around here for some time.

Ron A., Scott, Screw and a few others brought cameras, I'm sure they will post a few also.

Later, Phil

Sat. and Sun.

Sat. and Sun.

More photos from yesterday and today

1- Chris getting ready, Greg helping
2- Scott coming in
3- Mama Gyro, (Mary)
4- Chris, Barry, John
5- Frank Darby's Little Wing
6- Scott Taking off

Attachments

• IM000162.jpg
    IM000162.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000150.jpg
    IM000150.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000153.jpg
    IM000153.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000157.jpg
    IM000157.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000154.jpg
    IM000154.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000148.jpg
    IM000148.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Phil someone had to do the dirty work and test the air to see if it was flyable
Jonathan now that you metion it those were strange looking depression's in the runway :confused:
:cool: Greg

More Photo's - some of the kids

1- John's kid getting a ride with Dan Leslie
2- One of Chris' kids getting a ride.
3- Chris' other kid getting ready for a ride
4- Chris' other kid's ride getting called off because steering cable broke. Greg taking off her head gear. Sad day indeed.

When Dan's steering cable broke it broke that little girls heart that she wasn't going to get a ride.
Because someone said that's all for the day, but they didn't realize they were in the land of Scott'sville, where no gyro goes unrepaired.

We got it back together and she got her flight after all.

Attachments

• IM000165.jpg
    IM000165.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000168.jpg
    IM000168.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000171.jpg
    IM000171.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000172.jpg
    IM000172.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
1- Scott, Chris, Greg
2- Ron Awad shooting through a very small gap in some trees.
3- Ron again, hot dogging again

Attachments

• IM000160.jpg
    IM000160.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000155.jpg
    IM000155.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000156.jpg
    IM000156.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
greg spicola said:
Phil someone had to do the dirty work and test the air to see if it was flyable
Jonathan now that you metion it those were strange looking depression's in the runway :confused:
:cool: Greg

I guess at the lab they kept loosing the test samples your were taking because you kept testing and testing and testing and............. :rolleyes:

I have over 140 pictures to download. I am working on it as we speak... I mean type. I will start a new thread for mine.

I just want to say that it was an honor flying with the "gang" at Scotts' and a very special THANK YOU to Scott (the man) and the lovely Mary (Mama Gyro) for being perfect hosts'. A few more years and it will be like Sun n Fun !!

Thanks to all and it was a pleasure meeting ya"ll !

Barry (Ron didn't fall asleep once on the way home!!!!!!!!) K

Hey, By the way...... I finished another bracket for the Dominator !!! Took me a week but it looks great !!!! I'll post pictures as soon as I can with details on how I filed it down and drilled the holes !!!

Barry (yawn) K

This has nothing to do with SX days but I wanted to post it anyway. :) You got to click on it to see what it does!

Attachments

• 10232.gif
    10232.gif
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
Sounds like a Great Time. Dan thanks for getting the youth involved thats our future for sure. Ron Remember you will always need ROOM FOR ERROR. Accidents are just that. Dont get to daredevil on us. We need you to guide the newbie. Sorry we missed this great fly-in. MJ :)

The gap it trees isn't that small.

Yeah, the gap was not too bad.... Greg and Steve did it first, THEY were the poor role models! ;) Phil just took my pic cause I did it with the most style! :)

Hey, A great BIG thanks to Scott and Mary for allowing all of us to decend onto their place for a weekend of fun flying. It was great seeing all of you again and meeting Barry K. and Stuart. It is more fun flying with other Gyros than hanging out with the FW guys. Mary indured the Wilson kids with all the energy that they have.

When we left yesterday evening the girls where crashed out before we got to the gas station. I think they had some fun.

Thanks again for a GREAT weekend!!!!

Fly Safe,
Chris

I want to thank everyone for coming out, We had a great turnout and alot of fun! Mary and I are Dog Tired! But we had a great time and really enjoyed sharing our place with everyone. I have alot of pictures to post, I'll work on that this afternoon, and see how many I can get posted.

Can't wait till next year!!!!