Sunrise flight in LFQD

Grodou

Aircraft
Calidus
Total Flight Time
Not much but growing !

As a yearly tradition, Godasses Volantes microlight club organized last weekend its 'Vol du Coucou'/sunrise flight.

2 gyro, 1 Helo and 7 Fix took of for a ride around the city one minute after aero-night was cleared.

I was lucky to fly with Anne since am still grounded after club Calidus roll over... and I did not feel like flying the MTO in the frosty morning.

Only stress came from distracted Fix pilote who lined up RWY04 in front of us when RWY22 had been elected ! Made Anne turn into telephone mode for a second to correct the situation. ^^

Event was followed by club breakfast buffet and storry telling !

Grodou

Nice flying in the winter! I could never fly the Bensen unless the air temperature was at least +10 deg. C. What was your temp. inside and outside, and what kind of cabin heating is there? What gyro type were you flying? ⛄

Hi Jerry !
Aircraft is Anne's Auto Gyro Cavalon with built in heating system… I had my jacket on for the mere reason outside temperature was 0°c during the long pre flight. I always forget to adapt clothing when flying with friends machine as I have a tendancy to keep operating just like I'm alone !
The morning frost made the airfield quite difficult to spot even on final unless you were familiar with the buildings.

This past Saturday, we had another sunrise flight with the other half of club pilots. Temp was 3°c and I took out the MTO Sport with Raphael as a co-pilote. We managed a 1 hour flight despite a 40 km/hr wind but still called in for "Final full stop for hot wine and feet bath". The camera mounted on my helm just turned off (cold ?) and we did not get any footage ! Sunrise was not as impressive/colorful but the fog patches let the windmills peek through and the low flight above canal and locks was a blast.

The most bothering condition on both flight was the windshield turning fogged up as soon as the aircraft was push out and until after take off.
It was making taxi uncomfortable and keeping me in doubt wether if would clear up !!!