student test pilot

Hmmm.... I suppose you could be on to something with the whole PM thing.
but your comment about him leaving the forum and not getting the info he needs rings a little hollow. IF a student pilot is getting his important info from this forum and not a CFI, well...that's a pretty dumb move. Certainly indicative of someone who ISNT taking this seriously.
So Khallups, how many of the people chastising me PM'ed you and told you the same thing I did?
Like I said before, show me one post I've made that was argumentitive that wasn't in some way related to safety???
.....or maybe politics;)

student test pilot
Not many of these around.
They dont seem to live long.

Yes, the title certainly is an oxymoron.

@Peter
Excellent solution!!!:yo:

student test pilot
Not many of these around.
They dont seem to live long.

Good observation and funny if not so true!

So where does a student pilot find a test pilot?
Little Wing 5. N954BH
Sacramento area

Little Wing 5. N954BH
Sacramento area
Zombie thread. You would have been better served posting your question in a new thread. Now any replies will be muddied by the comments from 6 years ago, made by people that are likely not even on this forum anymore. But I'll bite.

If your instructor isn't willing try your local PRA. When I thought it was ready I took my Bensen to a chapter meeting (actually ended up being a few meetings) where the experienced members could look it over for me. Maybe I was lucky but here in Tennessee we have David, an experienced Bensen pilot, and once it was up to snuff (by his standards, not mine) he test flew it for me. And it's not just here in Tennessee, I believe there are a couple test pilots in the Peach State chapter, and possibly a couple more with the Barnstormers. The whole point of having a club is to help each other out, and with my own eyes, I have seen members of these three clubs do just that. I can only hope you are able to have the same experience over there on your side of the world.

That said, if you think finding a gyro test pilot is difficult, try finding one for an old cable head Scorpion.

Little Wing 5. N954BH
Sacramento area

Brad: While he isn't active in rotorcraft anymore, Ron Awad reported he had flown a couple of tractor gyros for their owners, giving them feedback once completed. One was Michael Guard's creation. I think he was in OK. He paid Ron's airfare for him, and I don't know how much more beyond that.

Ron A., from all reports, is a very good pilot. He understands all components of an aircraft & how they work together to allow humans to defy gravity. He was so good flying his tandem Dominator he installed a Yamaha sled engine on that he could drag the tailwheel along the ground in slow flight in what seemed to be perfection, w/out deviating up or down in attitude or altitude.

I witnessed this in person @ Mentone in 2012, when I & Chuck (a long-time gyro pilot from Boise, ID), attended the big 50th anniversary of the PRA. One of the spark-plugs of the now-defunct PRA chapter in Boise, ID, he started out learning to fly a gyroplane in a Bensen towed glider, advanced to powered flight in his Bensen, and then went on to what he says is the best flying gyroplane, a Dominator.

He flew his Dominator for years until he could no longer climb up into the seat, due to his hips causing him so much pain. He told me that selling his Dominator was the worst part of his life, other than his wife passing away. Ron A. took him for a ride, making this gent in his 80's have one of the biggest smiles on his face reliving his gyro flying days once again,

Another possibility is Ron Herron. You probably have been in contact w/ him through your build process, and maybe you have already asked him...

You most likely have read Dave DeWinter's piece that Ron had on his website, describing how it flew like an aircraft should, that has the engine & prop up front pulling the aircraft through the air. The biggest point I got from Dave's report was how stable it was in the air in all aspects, from lift-off through touchdown.