Stolen in Washington!!!

It’s possible that flightaware has the wrong N number. However, I would call the sheriff s office in Washington and ask them to call the LA county Sheriffs office for a check. The Gyro May have been taken a while before it was discovered missing. The way to solve a crime is to not discount any lead.

It’s possible that flightaware has the wrong N number. However, I would call the sheriff s office in Washington and ask them to call the LA county Sheriffs office for a check. The Gyro May have been taken a while before it was discovered missing. The way to solve a crime is to not discount any lead.
Agreed

Not sure if y'all are looking at the same thing as me on FlightAware, but...
It's showing a four-minute, fifteen-mile, nearly straight-line flight, the afternoon of 7 May 2021. Wasn't it first reported stolen earlier this year?
The graph seems to indicate speeds of 160-180 mph (although 15 miles in 4 minutes is 225 mph), with a beginning altitude of over 4500 ft and an ending altitude at about 7500 ft (the field elevation of LA13 is 95 ft).
Whatever that was, I don't think it was your Sportcopter. I imagine the sheriffs' departments are going to be skeptical if this is your only "lead".

Last edited:
It's showing a four-minute, fifteen-mile, nearly straight-line flight, the afternoon of 7 May 2021. Wasn't it first reported stolen earlier this year?
The graph seems to indicate speeds of 160-180 mph (although 15 miles in 4 minutes is 225 mph), with a beginning altitude of over 4500 ft and an ending altitude at about 7500 ft (the field elevation of LA13 is 95 ft).
Whatever that was, I don't think it was your Sportcopter. I imagine the sheriffs' departments are going to be skeptical if this is your only "lead".

It was loaded into an OV-22, problem solved.....

It was still in WA on that date. My dad had just passed a couple weeks before and in the middle of May my sister and I went through some of his stuff but we “secured” the property as he died without a will and the estate went into probate. I was there 5/12/21 and locked it up. Whomever stole it knew it was there and the fact that they took the skywheels as well which were in a box and kinda buried makes me feel like they had probably been there before and knew my dad. Karma is bitch tho and I wouldn’t fly something that has bad jujus on it.

Not writing a will is, well, selfish. It puts a much greater, and unnecessary, burden on the survivors.
I do hope that you eventually find that Sportcopter somehow. We here will remain on the lookout.

Last edited:
Not writing a will is, well, selfish. It puts a much greater, and unnecessary, burden on the survivors.
I do hope that you eventually find that Sportcopter somehow. We here will remain on the lookout.
Thanks for keeping the lookout alive!

Can state to return and no charges will be pursued….Just in case someone accidentally borrow it without permission.Has to be someone local or acquaintance of the owner. So post at the local airports too.

If you say “Borrowed it” in some states this changes a criminal theft to a civil dispute. Law Enforcement ceases to assist in locating property in civil actions.