Stolen gyro and trailer !!

hovereEd4

Ed Strunk here. Long Island NY.
Wanted to put out an A.P.B. on my gyro and trailer.
Thiefs name is Nashon aka Shawn Miller of Oakland CA. A total of three gyros and my trailer were lost in a deal gone bad. #1was A stock Benson with 72 Mac Freon exhaust, all metal tail group , Benson type joy stick ,the rare Olsen Reese red prerotater and used the boat style side mount fuel tank #2 was a stock Brock model with Brock stick and wooden tail group #3was a weathered overhead stick tow trainer wood tail group. Also two sets of mint Benson blades went with the two good gyros.
Under the now known guise of a research project , for some type of joint Oakland, San Francisco celebration I had a momentary lapse of judgement and it cost me all my gyro's and stock.
I wanted all my gyro inventory to go to a promising neophyte but I was had.
I was sure to totally dismantle ,remove N numbers and cut some parts up as per FAR regs to " Scrap" it so he must build them up for himself but this guy can spin quite a story.
Can't ask you instructors not to train this guy or his wife as that would be counter to our overall push for education. But as he has not come up with payment as per our agreement I have withheld all original build manuals etc. and the completed machines will for sure not be ready to fly in any way. I also during this entire process continuously pushed the idea of a bunch of training on him.
He should go to jail for this but I am to old to chase him down. He also lives in a city where police and fire department officers refuse to respond in certain areas.
Thanks for taking the time to read this through.
If you find these gyros you have my permission to take ownership and God Bless
You. Its yours..

DavePA11

Sorry to hear that Ed! Yeah always get money first before giving what your selling to anyone. If transfer make sure it’s in your account too before letting anyone drive off or fly away. Even if it’s eminent transfer. Have to wait and verify. Don’t take personal checks either.

Aerofoam

Aircraft
Pteradactyl, AC 447/503, too many UAVs
Total Flight Time
Over 3k....(From the ground !)
Don't take cashiers checks either, that is one of the biggest internet scams going, especially if they arrange to pay you more than asking price and have their shipper come get it.....
There are internet escrow services (escrow.com) that will handle the transaction for very little, I was quoted about $70 for a $2500 deal.....

j4flyer

Ed what you have is a civil suit for non payment. If you have a full name, address etc, you can contact an attorney via phone and have him/her file a judgement against the guy. The Police out here or in your home state won’t enforce non payment as theft unless you can show the buyer deliberately mislead you ie: false name, etc.
Having said this, if the gyros were N Numbered, you may be able to do a federal filing with your local FBI field office. I believe they would also tell you it’s a civil case but I don’t know.
Out in Ca the Sheriffs Office for the County handles civil notices and inquiries. You may want to call the Alameda County Sheriffs Office and speak with a Deputy in the civil division. Perhaps he or she would do a courtesy contact on your behalf.
If this case turns criminal then the Police depart as well as the FBI (interstate commerce act) would have jurisdiction. If the Police are assigned you won’t get much satisfaction. The politicians have tied their hands.

DonBishop

Aircraft
Mooney M20J
Total Flight Time
1200 hours
I was sure to totally dismantle ,remove N numbers and cut some parts up as per FAR regs to " Scrap" it so he must build them up for himself but this guy can spin quite a story.
Not to throw salt in the wound, but it is unlikely you have the correct name or city for this guy. However, if you have a phone number, you can use an internet search (such as BeenVerified.com) to look the person up. You may get a good hit ... you may not.

Capt'n Gator

Aircraft
Dominator Single 582BH N401JC
Total Flight Time
150+
Not to throw salt in the wound, but it is unlikely you have the correct name or city for this guy. However, if you have a phone number, you can use an internet search (such as BeenVerified.com) to look the person up. You may get a good hit ... you may not.
Hey Don, how did you get a colorized picture of your future M2? I would like to see what it would look like in a color called Bikini which is a color that Jeep uses.