Stick shake

Sv.grainne

I helped install a new set of Rotor blades on a Tango2 yesterday. Strung them twice to be sure and then repeatedly adjusted spacing on the teeter bar (right term?). Still lots of stick shake. The rotor was test flown on another Tango2 before shipping and no reported shake.

Where would be a good place to start looking?

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
300+ flexwing (pendulaire) newly trained on gyrocopter ((autogire)11h)
First thing I would suggest is a system or registering and recording the amplitude and frequency of the vibrations. Rotor vibrations are discussed at length elsewhere on this forum, enter Mike G in the search above.

I can recommend this programme with Iphone recommended by Mike G.

This is my iphone support, the red rings in the second photo are where I passed the cable ties to strap in the iphone ensuring no secondary vibrations from the mounting.

ipad mount 2.JPGipad mount 2a.jpg

You need to be able to record the vibrations to confirm any changes you make actually change the vibrations, personal perception is not reliable.

phil

JETLAG03

Total Flight Time
300+ flexwing (pendulaire) newly trained on gyrocopter ((autogire)11h)
Is it 2 per rev or 1 per rev or both.
Maybe the other people that tested the rotor have a different opinion on acceptable?

wolfy
That is the benefit of the programme, one can define the difference between 1st and 2nd and by frequency if the rotor or prop vibrate ... or both nd it gives a number not personal opinion. One can quantify and confirm numbers

phil