Starbeegyros

TERRY LEE

Did anyone have any issues looking at Starbeegyro.com website? It shows it to be unsafe and uncertified. I really would like to see it, just a little gun shy. Also, does anyone near Southern Oregon own a Air Command gyro?

Last edited:

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
...Also, does anyone near Southern Oregon own a Air Command gyro?
Last I heard from Shawn Adams (maybe 1-1/2 yrs. back), he had his Air Command gyro for sale for $15K. Centerline thrust conversion & Sport Rotors on top. Shawn claims it meets ultralight regs.
His youtube videos of him flying around Ashland/Jacksonville have had many, many views.

Shawn is a professional videographer. This sequence was a film shoot. You can spot his video camera outside & slightly below his right thigh when he is close to the motorcycle. The ground scenes were filmed from another bike, w/ the cameraman sitting backwards behind the bike operator.

The most watched one, featured a motorcycle as part of the action, zooming along a curvy road up in the hills (that might be Dead Indian Memorial Rd. in the area). Almost six million views!

I've flown alongside Shawn once when he & I flew our gyros along w/ a trike fella around the ranchland & volcanic buttes near the Siskiyou County airport, outside Yreka, CA. I was amazed w/ his flying abilities. He could take off shorter than the rest of us, turn sharper than I thought possible in a gyroplane, and float almost at a standstill very low to the ground. I suspect his very light aircraft & his bodyweight played a big part of that.

Also, all Experimental aircraft (Part 103 ultralights included) are not certified aircraft.

Last edited:

TERRY LEE

Thanks for the reply Kevin. Shawn and I used to work together in Ashland, Or and I know he sold his, but was hoping to find it or another one in the area. I was there when this video was shot.