Stan Question: Safety Cable Kit Question

shadowrider

Rotor Kop;n927156 said:
It seems i may have spoken to soon about the fuel control possibly not being repaired. We need to do some checks on the motor part of the fuel control as this was not sent. Anyway lets see what happens on Saturday whether it is it or not.
Any updates on your helicycle? Are you flying it yet? I am thinking of building one......

Rotor Kop

shadowrider;n1119822 said:
Any updates on your helicycle? Are you flying it yet? I am thinking of building one......
Hello. We eventually got all the issues sorted out and it is now flying. However I sold it as I am not the right kind of person to have to constantly do maintenance and pour out money into these kinds of things. I sold it and went back to the reliable R22 beta. Best value for money ever - absolutely no snags and keeps going from MPI to MPI without problems. I though the helicycle would work out cheaper than a R22 but in my case it did not unfortunately. Lovely helicopters though with PLENTY of power! I am still not convinced the governor issues have been sorted out 100% though. Another one went down due to governor fluctuating and then cutting the power....

timdrnec

Tim 4-21
Aircraft
300C, Helicycle
Hmm. That has been the opposite of my experience. Having owned a 300C and now a Helicycle, I'll never willingly go back to certified... I find it hard to believe that the Helicycle could cost you more than an R22 in all-up costs. Can you expand a bit more about the accident you refer to in your post? I hadn't heard about any major governor problems since the original kinks were worked out and an unsubstantiated statement like that is how those 'rumors' get started. Not all older ships have been upgraded or maintained and adjusted to current specs of course but I'd like to hear more facts...

hillberg

I designed a manual back up for the T-62 T 32 incase of any governor system problems - Works very well on the Jet Exec, So well the owner likes the governor switched off unless it's a cross country flight. the fuel cut off solenoid is replaced by manual a ball valve or modified solenoid to normally open function. The throttle is operated like a standard helicopter and the trim pot used like a engine incr-decr engine trim speed. You can have a full blown electrical failure and still fly.

shadowrider

hillberg;n1120066 said:
I designed a manual back up for the T-62 T 32 incase of any governor system problems - Works very well on the Jet Exec, So well the owner likes the governor switched off unless it's a cross country flight. the fuel cut off solenoid is replaced by manual a ball valve or modified solenoid to normally open function. The throttle is operated like a standard helicopter and the trim pot used like a engine incr-decr engine trim speed. You can have a full blown electrical failure and still fly.
This sounds interesting. Will you build one for the heli-cycle? Do you have any pictures you could post?