Stairways still climbing and turning

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Wolfy.....As per your request...here are a few of the stairways I have built. I am a one man crew, so I build these stairways and sweep the floor also. I do have to get 15-20 guys in my shop just to load these behemoths on my trailer....and that many at the jobsite when I install them.Webp.net-resizeimage-6.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage-11.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage-12.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage-13.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage-7.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage-13.jpg

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage-9.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage-9.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 4
  • Webp.net-resizeimage-4.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage-4.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 5

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2400+ in rotorcraft
I love your art Stan. You live life well my friend.

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Brian....I suppose most thought I just crawled in my hole when I sold my Helicycle, but that couldnt be farther from the truth.
My psychological issue is accepting the fact that "someday" I wont be building curved stairways any more....that day might be tomorrow should I have something catastrophic happen to me, or it may go on for another 10 years. Whenever, I will surely miss creating something. I am NOT building stairways full time by my choice to slow down.....but then in my "off" time I am hand making a grandfather clock with clockworks coming from Germany.

I would love to see some pictures of the marble stairway you mentioned. I could lay out such a stairway, but would totally be inept at working with such material.

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction
Brian....I suppose most thought I just crawled in my hole when I sold my Helicycle, but that couldnt be farther from the truth.
My psychological issue is accepting the fact that "someday" I wont be building curved stairways any more....that day might be tomorrow should I have something catastrophic happen to me, or it may go on for another 10 years. Whenever, I will surely miss creating something. I am NOT building stairways full time by my choice to slow down.....but then in my "off" time I am hand making a grandfather clock with clockworks coming from Germany.

I would love to see some pictures of the marble stairway you mentioned. I could lay out such a stairway, but would totally be inept at working with such material.
The layout proved challenging because the huge room it encompassed was elliptical. The curved marble sides were CNC cut from solid stone the size of Giza pyramid blocks. Ridiculous $$$ the likes of which I'll never see in my lifetime. I'll link to an article when one is published that has pics instead of renderings. It's Sir James Dyson's new place on 520 Park Ave. I found out later it's the single most expensive residence in all of NYC. Something like $85 million. It's cool to know I designed much of it but feels a little awkward knowing how many people could have been helped with that kind of cash. Different world I suppose.