Spring -Quarterly Meeting - PRA38 - SAT. 5/4 10AM

ms80831

PRA member since 1973
Program: 10am - TBA

BBQ at Noon

Please R.S.V.P. So we can get a head count for the BBQ.

See you there !

Spring -Quarterly Meeting - PRA38 - SAT. 5/4 10AM

MEETING LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED

For directions and Map, see PRA38 website.

www.PRA38.org

-----------------------------------------------

PS: PRA38 began with 4 members in August of 2010.

We have grown adding 5 new members since last meeting (March 2, 2013).

PRA Chapter 38 now has 41 members.

www.PRA38.org

Last edited:

RotorTom

Have not been there in a while but plan on being there Saturday now that my life is getting back to normal.

Should I land in the same place as usual? Or elsewhere?

BTW ... Who wants a ride? From KAPA?

BEN S

Look, I am so sorry guys, plans changed and I will be there Friday, not Saturday!
As much as would love to meet everyone and cook for you guys I have to be in Kimball NB by noon on Saturday. The good news is its gyro related!
I will be happy to host a dinner for anyone who can make it on Friday night (barring any other unforseen changes) at or near Marks place.
Agian real sorry Mark for not telling you sooner, but my goodness you were up late!
Ben

Last edited:

ms80831

PRA member since 1973

Here's the guy who is NOT going to be at our BBQ, but on the road to Nebraska with a gyro.

We will miss you Sat. Ben.

Who can join us Friday Night??

ms80831

PRA member since 1973
Have not been there in a while but plan on being there Saturday now that my life is getting back to normal.

Should I land in the same place as usual? Or elsewhere?

BTW ... Who wants a ride? From KAPA?

Yes, you can Land in the front yard at my house .

So Tom, If I drive up to APA, can I ride down here with you? :)

Last edited:

ms80831

PRA member since 1973

On Saturday May 4, 2013, The Colorado Rotorcraft Association (PRA38.org) held it's Quarterly members meeting and BBQ at the Home of Mark and Julie Shook at Meadow Lake Airport.
In attendance were Mark S. Shook president, Dick Goddard Vice-President, Todd Rieck Secretary, Bruce McCombs, John Riedart, Mark Treidel, Ken Dolgan, Tony and Jennie Steffani, Frank Nelson, Dawn Nelson, Bob Schaper, Tom Martino, and Rachal Ann Goddard.

The benefits of chapter and PRA membership were discussed with a challenge to all chapter members to join the national PRA.
Each member present was invited to give a brief introduction and share what he/she fly's or has flown and how he got into Rotorcraft. The introductions took the better part of the first hour, and were quite interesting and informative. It was learned that both Tony Steffani and Mark Treidel are building new SportCopter Vortex M-912's (Only Mark's will have a Viking engine and will be called a Vortex MV-1)

We then discussed 3 important upcoming Rotorcraft Fly in events, Rotors over the Rockies in Brigham City Utah in June, Mentone in August, and our own September Fly in. It was suggested that we may want to add an event in Fowler Colorado sometime this year as that airport is lower in altitude (4428 MSL) than Meadow Lake Airport (6874 MSL) .

After the meeting, a BBQ was held with Brats, Hamburgers and all the usual BBQ/ picnic accompaniments.

After lunch, rides were given in the Xenon. Rachal Goddard who has worked many weekends on her Dad's single place gyrocopter, got her first ride in both a gyro and a helicopter (Tom Martino's Turbine Enstrom 480).

Last edited: