Sportcopter vortex for sale

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
I am putting my gyro up for sale and looking to get a Decathlon or Citabria. I had a lot of fun flying the gyro but I am wanting to get into aerobatic flying.

Not sure what to ask for just yet and I am in no hurry to sale it because I know I will miss it, so I will be asking top dollar for it. In the back of my mind I do hope it takes some time to find the right buyer so I can continue to fly it till then.

So I am posting it here first and when I am really ready to sale it I will put it on other publications. I wanted to give you all here, on the forum a chance first and see if anyone might be interested in buying it and also get your input on what I should ask for.

This is the most recent photo. I will be taking more and post them here.
My gyro is fully registered and logs are up to date on all annuals and repairs.

Attachments

• zfirsttest.JPG
    zfirsttest.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looks like a 582 Rotax .

Tina, do you still have the body enclosure? if so it would not hurt to list that with it also,as they are still many that like to fly with an enclosure. I had a guy called me just a week ago asking if I still had the falcon for sale as he wanted a Gyro with the enclosure.

Good luck on your sale and your new venture of Aerobatics.

Stick with the Citabria . I think you would scratch the paint on an S-1 Pitts .

I had a guy call me this morning wanting to buy my gyro. I had to tell him sorry I changed my mind, its not for sale. He apparently seen this Thread on the forum.

I need to say this gyro is sold to me and not for sale any longer.

Tina,

Glad to hear you have decided to stay with your Gyro for a while. We would miss you if you left. Plus there's already way to few Gyro pilots in this world and we need to be growing not shrinking so good to have you back. We would love to have you join us again for "Rotors Over the Rockies" if you can make it this year. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help facilitate that happening.

Tina
I am glad your staying in the Sportcopter Family, there a great machine.
Doug

BTW - the Pitts is extraordinarily easy to fly; responds instantly to your command....almost as if by thought. The S2A (a better buy in my opinion) with spades is a hoot to fly. It is just a bear to land. Aerobatics didn't give me the cotton mouth, but landing always did.

The Citabria? It will make you a better aerobatic pilot because though marvelously harmonized it still requires you to manage your entry/exit speeds, angles of attack, etc. You can't fly the Citabria or Decathalon in a sloppy manner and still do good aerobatics...you'll either fall out of some maneuvers or overspeed on others.

I am told the Cessna 150 Aerobat was so poorly powered and harmonized that basic aerobatics were barely possible. Never flew one.

I used to fly aerobatics in the Cessna 150 , 152 and 172 .
Getting a Cessna 172 out of an inverted flat spin is just one of my finer aviation accomplishments .
So you don't want to run out of airspeed and momentum as you are trying to pull the nose over the top of the loop . Very bad things can happen from there .
I had no idea that floor was so dirty .

Tina,

I'm glad to see you're still sticking with your gyro. The sport needs strongly opinionated people like you to keep some people honest, and to bounce ideas off of. I may not always agree on what you say, but I appreciate your convictions. Glad you're still here!