Sportcopter Super Sport makes GizMag

Yes, very nicely done! Other than Carl Schneider's machine, I believe this is the 1st machine I've seen with a fixed vert & horz stab tall tail and a separate rudder. I like that!

Barnett as well

Barnett as well

Yes, very nicely done! Other than Carl Schneider's machine, I believe this is the 1st machine I've seen with a fixed vert & horz stab tall tail and a separate rudder. I like that!

Hey Dean, Don't forget the grand daddy of tall tail gyros, the Barnett. Separated vert stab and rudder for many, many, years.

i have to add my praise of the Sport copter machine as well. It has the nicest gyro interior I've ever seen.
I wish Jim Vanek and company well!

From the article:
Powering the gyroplane forward using the front or rear-mounted thrust propeller causes air to flow over the top rotor, which begins spinning and develops enough lift to get the vehicle airborne. This doesn't take a long runway - as little as 40 feet is needed to develop enough upward lift to get off the ground, and it's possible using aftermarket kits to perform jump-style takeoffs with no ground roll at all.

Maybe a little wishfull thinking there about the 40 feet.
And where can I buy one of those aftermarket jump take off kits?

Beautiful gyro though: I wish I could afford one.

Hey Dean, Don't forget the grand daddy of tall tail gyros, the Barnett. Separated vert stab and rudder for many, many, years.

i have to add my praise of the Sport copter machine as well. It has the nicest gyro interior I've ever seen.
I wish Jim Vanek and company well!
Tom, I should have been more specific when talking about the horz stab. I think I can safely say that the consensus is that the placement on Carl's machine and the SportCopter is more effective than on the Barnett and that placement has become the standard to follow. But you are right, the idea is the same.

shouldn't this be in the "Enclosed two place" section ????