SportCopter II - UPDATE

SportCopter

Aircraft
Vortex M912, SportCopter II, Vortex 582, M2
The new version SCII is working exceptionally well. Full production has commenced and we are filling current orders, as well as taking new orders. If you would like to visit us to see in person, please contact the office and make an appt. (503)543-7000. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We will also be posting videos of it flying shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.jpg
    IMG_3591.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3635.JPG
    IMG_3635.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3692.jpg
    IMG_3692.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3713.JPG
    IMG_3713.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
Great news, now we have an American made machine to compete with the Europeans.

I like it - it looks good and it'll be interesting to see how the market places pans out in the future with this as a new option.

Any plans to sell it into Europe ?

Steve

I like it - it looks good and it'll be interesting to see how the market places pans out in the future with this as a new option.

Any plans to sell it into Europe ?

Steve

Yes, Steve this is available for Europe as well as other countries to purchase. This will meet the FAA 51% here in the U.S.

Sc ii

Sc ii

I will assume this can not be flown with just a SP-Gyro license because of the weight?? What is the weight? PS - it sure is pretty!!!!!!!!!!:usa2:

I will assume this can not be flown with just a SP-Gyro license because of the weight?? What is the weight? PS - it sure is pretty!!!!!!!!!!:usa2:

Currently, depending on the version its at 1,000 to 1,100 lbs. With a lighter version coming.

Yes, it is still equipped with the Lycoming IO-360.

Is this the 200hp angled valve IO360, or the 180hp straight valve engine?

You might consider offering it with an O320 option which could run on pump gas,
or a Superior (Lycoming clone) which would have a modern ignition system and cost a bunch less.

I like your new machine a too. Can I afford it?

I thought that all IO 360 lycomings are 200HP,and the carburator ones were 180.

best regards,eddie.....

I thought that all IO 360 lycomings are 200HP,and the carburator ones were 180.

best regards,eddie.....

The straight valve cylinders on the IO360 are 180hp, I believe all the angled valved IO360s are 200.

I have the IO360 (180hp) in my Arrow. The fuel injection was an option but not a gain in HP.

Is this the 200hp angled valve IO360, or the 180hp straight valve engine?

You might consider offering it with an O320 option which could run on pump gas,
or a Superior (Lycoming clone) which would have a modern ignition system and cost a bunch less.

I like your new machine a too. Can I afford it?

The engine is an IO-360-M that has been built with high compression pistons turning out about 230 hp. This is not a factory stock IO-360. There is a version of this engine made, that can run off pump gas.

The engine is an IO-360-M that has been built with high compression pistons turning out about 230 hp. This is not a factory stock IO-360. There is a version of this engine made, that can run off pump gas.

That is fantastic, are they able to retain a 2000 hr TBO or is that known yet?

Looks Good. Is there a turbo option for us High County Fliers?

Mark,

I would think if you were starting off with 230 HP, even if you lost 30% of your power at 10,000 ft. you would still be operating with over 160 HP which seems to me like it ought to have reasonably good performance with that kind of power.