Sport Copter Vortex winter flying

Rattler 1

Aircraft
C150-C172-Taylorcraft-Tbird-Rans S9-challenger-Benson-Air Command-Sportcopter
Total Flight Time
Does anyone have the wind deflector on their Sport Copter Vortex? Wondering how well they work. I live in Minnesota and want to stay a little warner. Has anyone made half doors?

gyro 2.JPG

I made these from smoked plexiglass and had them heat bent at 45°. Drilled about 1/2 dzn. holes 8" apart and mounted them with a thin rubber 2 sided tape to absorb vibration between the body and the deflector.
They worked very well at taking the excess wind off the sides (especially the left hand where it was exposed to the outside throttle quadrant. It made for a bit more contorting to get in and out of
the seat but well worth it. Just have to watch out for your helmet and not scrape your face on the edge. By the way, I beveled the edges to take out the knife edge. The whole unit was
about 6" wide and the bend was at the 4" mark vertically with 2" attached to the frame. Flying characteristics were not affected at all. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the information. I think I will do the same as you did. They look identical to the ones Sport Copter makes.

Thanks.

Yes, I emailed them and Trenna responded and sent me a picture of theirs.