Sport Copter Vortex 582 rotor tim

Rattler 1

on my Vortex with fixed blades, does anyone know if the trim is adjustable? While flying I need to hold the nose up. Is there an adjustment or do I need to add weight to the rear or add a trim spring?
Any info will be appreciated.
thanks

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
The gyro should have never been flown without doing the hang test first. Your rotor head may need to be moved forward...sounds like it is out of balance. Very dangerous to fly.
Do you have a CFI that went over the perimeters of the machine?

Rattler 1

I purchased it used. The builder did hang test it. I have flown it for 135 hours. It just needs to be tweaked a bit. I may weigh a little more.

Eric S

SC Vortex stick trim pics

It doesn't need much since the stick forces are so light on the Vortex. Mine is trimmed on the stick for 50-55 mph "cruise" (I don't really cruise even when I'm going somewhere since, as you know, the Vortex is a crank and bank machine and straight and level is no fun. The previous owner/builder installed it and when I bought it I had to move the spring by one chain link for my added weight. Very simple.

IMG_9002.JPGIMG_9004.JPG

Attachments

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Still not the proper way to “ fix” the problem. Hang tests are designed to insure you and your machine are in the correct flight parameters. Your weight...if different than the last pilot...will make a difference. Doesn’t take much to fix it right.

AirCommandPilot

Just a fledgeling
Rattler 1;n1144198 said:
Like your idea Eric. Might try that or add weight to the rear.
thanks
Please do a proper hang test with you in the seat. Adding weight is not the way to fix this. It only takes a few hours to make and replace the cheek plates with the proper balance for your flying weight. Please think about your safety.

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
I agree with you Bobby......anytime someone says they need to add weight into an aircraft is putting a bandaid on it and not fixing the problem.
This is why I don’t comment often.....no one really wants to hear the correct answers....only the answers that make them happy.

Kolibri

FW and Gyros
Perhaps call Sport Copter themselves, and talk to either Evan or Jim?

I agree that adding weight is not the optimal solution.
It's like wearing a tweed coat to "cure" dandruff.

Regards,
Kolibri