Speed at the tips

Bensen claimed to have "nursed" an open-frame B8M to 115 mph "under carefully controlled conditions." Whatever that means.

Doug Riley;n1140774 said:
Bensen claimed to have "nursed" an open-frame B8M to 115 mph "under carefully controlled conditions." Whatever that means.

Sounds like, "Don't try this at home!"

Tyger;n1140769 said:
Thanks for confirming (as it were) my suspicions.
The ASI Magni supplied me was marked the same as yours, but my markings were just decals, easily amended using some new operating range decals from A. Spruce (and a sharp knife). Yellow below 30, then green to 100, yellow to 115, and then a tiny bit of red to the limit of the dial.

I have the Kanardia Combo as my ASI, which I like in overall concept but it has two flaws - one “specific” and one “general”. My specific unit’s central LED screen is all white, so it needs to be replaced. Also, generally, because it also shows altitude and therefore has an adjustment knob, it can’t be on the CAN bus with a Kanardia altimeter or the two just fight each other. So, Dayton is picking up a basic ASI from them for me that will show a top end of 115 (mine currently shows 100; no red - the yellow arc just stops there).

I want mine on the CAN bus so the altimeter can dim the display. Overall I’ve been happy with Kanardia and hope this fixes things long-term.

/Ed

Tyger;n1140769 said:
Thanks for confirming (as it were) my suspicions.
The ASI Magni supplied me was marked the same as yours, but my markings were just decals, easily amended using some new operating range decals from A. Spruce (and a sharp knife). Yellow below 30, then green to 100, yellow to 115, and then a tiny bit of red to the limit of the dial.

I have the Kanardia Combo as my ASI, which I like in overall concept but it has two flaws - one “specific” and one “general”. My specific unit’s central LED screen is all white, so it needs to be replaced. Also, generally, because it also shows altitude and therefore has an adjustment knob, it can’t be on the CAN bus with a Kanardia altimeter or the two just fight each other. So, Dayton is picking up a basic ASI from them for me that will show a top end of 115 (mine currently shows 100; no red - the yellow arc just stops there).

I want mine on the CAN bus so the altimeter can dim the display. Overall I’ve been happy with Kanardia and hope this fixes things long-term.

/Ed

EdL;n1140782 said:

/Ed

Ah OK. I have the Kanardia Digi for my engine parameters. I wish I knew how to dim it, because it's WAY too bright after sunset. Why would you want your altimeter to dim the display, though?

For whatever reason it seems Kanardia has made it so you can only dim the Digi and some others by having the Alt on the CAN bus and using the adjustment knob on it.

/Ed