SparrowHawk Redo

Hi All,
I've been absent (mostly) from the gyro scene for two years but am trying to make a come back. Hard to believe it's been that long. In the spring of 2016 I discovered very low compression on one of the cylinders during the condition inspection. I've not had the time & energy for fixing it until now.
Finally, I brought the EJ22 to PRE-Racing in portland. They specialize in Subarus and have engines running up to 35lbs of boost. Wow, try that on your gyro.

Anyway, there didn't seem to be much wrong with my engine but I decded to upgrade it to a EJ25 block since it was off. I'm looking for more torque so I can cruise at a lower rpm. The extra HP will be fun to have as well. Should be an increase of about 35 hp. They told me that the EJ25 weighs about 30 lbs more than the 2.2 which I didn't want. But most of it is in the heads. So I had them port and polish my EJ22 heads and put them on a new EJ25 block. The engine is going back on the gyro now (well not actually this moment as I'm typing). Turns out it weighs a few lbs less than it did when I removed it. Seems they've lightend this block through the years. This combination of block and heads yeilds a compression ratio near 11:1. I'll have to limit fuel to 100LL or use octane booster. It's still a work in progress. Should be able to start the engine in a week or so.

More later.