SparrowHawk Kit

Greg Lockhart

Total Flight Time
SparrowHawk Kit. Approx. 25% completed. Cabin on Chassis. Tail completed. Pitch Control, PSRU and Landing Gear Upgrades from Groen Brothers. Includes Sport Copter Rotor Blades, 2.5 Subaru, Doors, Hager Aluminum Wheels and Disk Brakes, Ray Allen Stick Grips (with switches), Linear Actuators for trim. No Propeller.
$24,000
Greg Lockhart
[email protected]

skyking

Skyking
Aircraft
SparrowHawk I
Total Flight Time
Great deal! Can you send me the details on your suspension? Was that an upgrade? Many thanks!

Greg Lockhart

Total Flight Time
At one point Groen Brothers supplied larger steel tubes for the upper landing gear tube. I never liked the original hard rubber doughnut
suspension design so I added the coil shocks to the new larger tubes. This was just an experiment ... that may or may not have worked once the gyro was at completed weight. These shocks aren't anything special, just common power sport shocks... I think they were rated at around 800 lbs each. I thought just about anything would provide smoother taxiing and landing over the original design. I realized that after testing I might have to change to stiffer or softer shocks, or possibly go back to the originals which I still have.

skyking

Skyking
Aircraft
SparrowHawk I
Total Flight Time
This is a good deal. New builder should move rudder cables to outside of keel and add 2 sets of pulleys to drop down to lower keel. Also, change fiberglass tanks to something else.

Capt'n Gator

Aircraft
Dominator Single 582BH N401JC
Total Flight Time
150+
Greg, I know you said it does not have a prop but does it have the redrive?

Greg Lockhart

Total Flight Time
Yes, the kit is complete except for the propeller. When I ordered the kit I was unsure what prop I might use so I substituted the door kit for the prop.