Source of soft aluminum tubing

WHY

Gold Member
Aircraft
Ercoupe and Cessna 150, 152, 172, 140, Aeronca,7ac, Citabria,Chief,Piper PA11,PA12
Total Flight Time
Looking for a source of 5052-0 or 6061-0 aluminum tubing that is 1-1/8 inch dia. Only need about a foot but would buy 5 ft if I can find it ???? Can find up to 5/8 but hard to find bigger.

Tony :noidea:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but onlinemetals did not have any "0" temper tubing and Stock car Steel did not have it either or the 1/1/8 size, so am still looking. Am told it does exist in 1-1/8 inch and .058 (somewhere).

Tony

Tony, save yourself the aggravation of trying to find something so difficult. Simply anneal 6061-T6 tubing or have someone do it for you.
I'm assuming you are going to form it and then re-harden it after for more strength, right?

Hey John

You must be physic, I got some 1-1/8 6061-T6 and just this afternoon decided to try exactly that with a acetylene torch. First try I melted the end of the scrap tube, second try got it right. What this is all about is I am making the plumbing of the cooling system for the Weber MPE-750 engine and needed to make some "beading" on the ends of some of the interconnecting tubing that goes into various hoses. Well anyway, took that scrap piece of tube and tried the beading tool got a beautiful bead rolled on the tube, so crisis solved. There will be essentially no stress on these tubes so the temper is not critical. You were probably posting your suggestion while I was at the hangar doing just that. :) :)

Tony

5052 aluminum plate manufacturer -5052 aluminum alloy plate
5052 aluminum alloy belongs to Al-Mg alloy, which has good cold workability, good molding processability and corrosion resistance. 5052 alloy is a kind of rust-proof aluminum with wide application. The alloy has high strength and especially fatigue strength. High plasticity and corrosion resistance, plasticity is good in semi-cold hardening, 5052 alloy is used to make beverage cover without internal pressure, the state is H19, the material is first oxidized to improve coating adhesion and corrosion resistance, coated on both sides After the lacquer is formed in the can lid forming process, the surface quality of the 5052 alloy can lid material produced by our company is good and the performance is stable.

Mingtai Aluminum 5052 aluminum sheet manufacturers -5052 aluminum plate performance advantages
1. It has high plasticity and corrosion resistance and is suitable for use in marine environment;

2. The surface of the aluminum plate has no peeling, bubbles, rough surface and local mechanical damage, and the surface of the aluminum plate has no cracks, no corrosion spots and traces of nitrate;

3. The company has 6 semi-continuous casting production lines, 10 continuous casting and rolling production lines, and 44 other large-scale processing equipment, with an annual output of 450,000 tons;

5052h32 aluminum sheet manufacturers - Mingtai aluminum packaging delivery has advantages
1. Paper or film is applied to the aluminum plate to ensure that the surface of the aluminum plate is intact without scratches;

2, plastic or kraft paper wrapped for moisture and rain, to ensure that the aluminum plate is clean and free of dirt during transportation (each package has moisture-proof desiccant to ensure that our products in the rainy and more Huadong and South China product quality);

3. Install the wooden pallet and use steel belt reinforcement to avoid collision during transportation and ensure the geometric shape of the aluminum plate is unchanged;

4. Export products are packed in wooden boxes and brackets with fumigation labels;

5. Packing according to other packaging requirements of customers;

Follow our website for more details

https://www.mt-aluminum.com/5052-aluminum-sheet.html