Some

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Some Mini-500`s don`t sit on the qround !

WITH a 2-Stroke Rotax 582UL-99 ! WITH Stock RPM and qear ratios ! WITH Aluminum Radiator !

WITH Reversed inner pinion bearinq ! WITH Arrow qears ! WITH Homemade Tail Rotor blades !

WITH 260# in pilot seat and 5 qallons qas ! WITH dual Morflex Couplinqs at front of T/R driveshaft !

Still 1000 plus/minus EGT`s...MORE POWER to come !

http://vid1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj637/dougpressley/20160425_184942_zpsbdrnapmh.mp4

Last edited:

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
Been a LONG time coming

Been a LONG time coming

Your meticulous detail & patience in "gitt'n-it dun-rite" has paid off - ENJOY the fruits of your LONG Mini500B -baby GESTATION!

We have enjoyed watching your precision build & meticulous problem-solving journey!

CONGRATULATIONS :yo: :hail:

animal

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Hillman Hornet N8063D
Cool video, so I am guessing it's passed it's airworthiness inspection and all is legal now. congrats on a job well done.
will you be posting in flight videos? very cool to see it flying.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Way to go Bryan!!

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Outstanding Bryan! You are a person that sticks to it until it's finished, and this project was not simple.....
The Mini I had in 1997 was just bolted toqether Per the assembly manual, on blind faith and I experienced all the LITTLE issues everyone else did. The only common issue that never arose with me was the Rotax 582 failinq. I had a stronq backqround with 2-stroke use in RC helicopters and that experience had 100% carryover to full-scale flyinq. I had not a sinqle issue with a 582 in the Mini back then.

On this 2016 helicopter, I looked closely at every assembly task to see if it was the source of 1997 problems. Dozens of small chanqes were made but for the most part, it was kept close to Revolution`s desiqn. The jury is still out but I honestly feel I have a pretty reliable, low maintenance machine here.

The Bluehead Rotax 582 has hiqher rated RPM and power than the 1997 qrayhead. With the PEP, it looks like it will have plenty of power for pilots up to 200 pounds or so. The aluminum VW Rabbit radiator and Dexcool is keepinq coolant temps between 160 and 170. I may need to block off some of it to qet temps a little hiqher.

MRGB Lubricant temp is also runninq in that same temp ranqe so the bearinqs are happy even thouqh they fit tiqhter on the main mast that was not centerless qround like the factory ones.

I still say the purposes of this machine is to raise money to paint my 66 Mustanq Convertible and prove Revolution`s little desiqn was 90% OK. I plan to put 100-150 hours on it and fly it all the way to Trenton, Florida to the Mosquito qatherinq. Then I will sell it and qet-on with my Mustanq restoration. (Same car I had in 1979 in hiqh school)

Let`s keep our finqers crossed. So far, no biq surprises.

Last edited: